In case you missed it, Red Dead Online – the vast multiplayer component for Red Dead Redemption 2 – launched as its own standalone game this week. To coincide with its release, Rockstar Games have rolled out Red Dead Redemption 2 update 1.26.
Now available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One (as well as PS5 and Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility) you can now posse up with your cowpoke chums for some online misadventures.
Red Dead Redemption 2 update 1.26 has its revolvers firmly locked on Red Dead Online with no notable changes to the main game. Rockstar have been working to expand its Bounty Hunter content with plenty of game-wide improvements and discounts for players.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Update 1.26 Patch Notes
Prestigious Bounty Hunter License
- The Prestigious Bounty Hunter License adds 10 new Ranks of progression atop the 20 from the Bounty Hunter Role Ranks with high level items and skills to acquire, new weapon variants and horses, Infamous Bounty targets on the Bounty Boards and more.
Legendary Bounty: Gene Beau Finley
- Prestigious Bounty Hunters should keep an eye on the Local Bounty Boards over the next few weeks for information on new Legendary Bounties, starting with dandy-turned-bastard Gene “Beau” Finley and his gang wanted for a string of robberies.
Outlaw Pass 4
- A new Outlaw Pass also makes its way to Red Dead Online today, with new outfits, emotes, camp upgrades and more.
Improvements, Bonuses, New Horses, & More
- Various additions and improvements have also been implemented today including the ability to combine stubble with beard styles and use the Advanced Camera while on horseback.
- Bounty Hunters can use a new Gunspinning Management option in the Player Menu to select and swap learned Gunspinning tricks.
- Visit the local Stable to peruse the new Mustangs and Missouri Fox Trotters.
Discounts and Bonuses
- Bounty Hunter missions reward Double XP
- Increased RDO$ and XP payouts in Free Roam Missions/Events and Bounty Missions
- Bounty Hunter License discounted by 5 Gold Bars
- Novice, Promising, Established, and Distinguished Bounty Hunter Items are 40% off
- A Land of Opportunities missions reward Double XP
- “Kill Them, Each and Every One” and “Destroyed by Grief” reward bonus RDO$100 upon completion
- All Red Dead Online players will receive Rewards for 2,000 Club XP and 2,000 Bounty Hunter XP this week; those Rank 5 or above will receive a Treasure Map, while all players Rank 10 or above get a free Ability Card Upgrade of their choice.
- Pamphlets, Melee/Thrown Weapons are 30% off
- Tents, Camp Themes, Camp Dogs, and Fast Travel Posts are 40% off
- Additional discounts include:
- 30% off all Stable Slots
- 30% off all Repeaters
- 30% off all Pistols
- 30% off the Schofield Revolver
- 30% off all Horses
- 30% off all Saddles and Improved Saddles
- 30% off all Coats (doesn’t include Legendary Animal clothing)
- 30% off all Vests
- 40% off all Outfits including Role Outfits
Here’s an updated summary of what you can kind in Red Dead Online now in 2020:
Forge your own path across any of five unique Specialist Roles. These include apprehending everyone from low-level criminals to notorious gangs as a Bounty Hunter, learning the secrets of the animal kingdom as a Naturalist or hunting wildlife as a means for source materials as a Trader, searching for exotic treasures as a Collector, to even running your own underground Moonshine distillery.
Help the widow Jessica LeClerk and her right-hand man, Horley gain revenge upon the men who killed her husband in A Land of Opportunities, a series of story-based cooperative missions for two to four players.
Compete in Showdown Modes, a series of competitive modes where players and teams compete in classic gunfights and objective-based competitions like capturing territory or supplies.