It’s really felt a lot like winter the last week or so as temperatures have really taken a dive, even in the southern reaches of the UK. Another reason to stay inside and play video games, not least because the new consoles and high-end PCs can churn out plenty of heat when they’re running at full tilt!
In the News This Week
- Casey Hudson and Mark Darrah are leaving BioWare
- Metal Gear Solid movie seems to have found its Solid Snake as Oscar Isaac tapped for role
- Amazon UK offer priority PS5 stock to customers whose orders disappeared
- FIFA 21 & Madden 21 PS5 and Xbox Series X|S free upgrades are now available
- Microsoft Flight Simulator VR update will be a free upgrade coming out in time for Christmas
- Persona 5 Strikers is coming West, releases in February for PS4, Switch, and PC
- Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season One delayed by a week
- Destiny 2’s PS5 and Xbox Series X|S upgrade will need a full download of the game
- Watch Dogs Legion Update 2.30 does not fix Xbox Series X|S save issues
- Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer is a “standalone product”, next gen cross-save confirmed
- Control is actually coming to Xbox Game Pass this week in a stacked update to start December
Games in Review
There’s not one, but two huge Ubisoft open world titles that we’ve delivered a verdict on, as Jim finished his long journey through Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and Aran soared through the original take on Greek mythology of Immortals Fenyx Rising.
- Immortals Fenyx Rising – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, Stadia – 8/10
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, Stadia – 8/10
- Chicken Police – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Crimzon Clover – NSW – 8/10
- ALTDEUS: Beyond Chronos – Oculus Quest/Rift – 8/10
- Morbid: The Seven Acolytes – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Twin Mirror – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Per Aspera – PC – 7/10
- Partisans 1941 – PC – 7/10
- Total War: Warhammer II – The Twisted and The Twilight DLC – PC – 7/10
- Phogs! – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC, Stadia – 6/10
- Shut In – PC – 6/10
- Ikenfell – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 5/10
In the rest of the features, Nick returned to Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate to sample the game’s three new fighters and the next-gen upgrades to the game as a whole. He said it’s “a great jumping on point for a new generation of console.”
Tom dove into the dino-blasting co-op of Second Extinction, but found that the Early Access title has some way to go before it can reach its potential, while the potential of Everspace 2 was clear to see being realised in its closed beta by Miguel.
We also had a Review in Progress for Empire of Sin, with Reuben enjoying the systemic design of the game so far, but struggling with far too many bugs and issues at launch.
Alan Wen called the English dub of Yakuza: Like a Dragon a triumph for the series, and with this week’s launch of Immortals Fenyx Rising, Ade spoke with the game’s writer Jeffrey Yohalem about finding a new, humorous and original twist on Greek mythology.
Rounding things out as always, What We Played featured Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- hornet1990 has dropped the difficulty down to Story Mode for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and found it far more enjoyable.
- Also enjoying something more than he expected is MrYd, who’s been playing Worms Rumble from PS+. That’s alongside Wreckfest from PS Now and a sale purchase of Two Point Hospital, which is “just too much fun.”
- Andrewww played The Bunker on PS4, but also managed to sneak in the Astro’s Playroom platinum once he was able to play his shiny new console after his kids had gone to bed!
- TSBonyman has returned to Bloodborne after 2 years away and managed to beat the Celestial Emissary!
- Another week another platinum for Crazy_Del, who didn’t actually have much fun with Bugsnax. Then there was a lot of Call of Duty Zombies and Worms Rumble.
- And it was a platinum trophy for doomsday6109, who played through Miles Morales on PS5. He was also convinced to play Fortnite after months of his kids pestering him.
And with all of that out of the way, I’ll let you crack on with your weekends! Have fun fiddling with the radiators and playing video games!