DIRT 5’s first major update is rolling out this week, with version 2.00 bringing with it wheel support across PC, PlayStation and Xbox platforms and a free ‘Snow Limits’ content pack for all players.
The update is available today for PC via Steam, but will be released for PS5, PS4, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S “in the coming days”.
The Snow Limits pack includes New Playgrounds items, new liveries, new Ice Breaker circuit, new customisation items and the option for Snowy conditions in Playgrounds mode.
Meanwhile, as previously revealed, wheel support will include Thrustmaster, Logitech and a subset of Fanatec devices, with support largely following that of 2019’s GRID.
The rest of the update is predominantly one of bug fixes and further optimisations. Of particular note, the visuals have been updated for Xbox Series X in the ‘Prioritise Frame Rate’/120hz mode where it was oddly low quality compared to PS5, and the PS5’s trophy unlocking issue has been resolved – you’ll just need to complete one event and any outstanding trophies should now ping.
There’s no mention of DualSense adjustments, which must be a longer term goal for Codies to address.
Here’s the patch notes.
DIRT 5 update 2.00
- Further general visual and performance improvements across the board, including visual updates to the ‘Prioritise Frame Rate’/120hz mode on Xbox Series X
- Further FPS improvements when using Image Quality mode on Xbox One and PS4
- Fixed issues causing flickering lights during night-time events
- PC: Further fixes for reports of crashes and startup issues
- Fixed issue causing game freezes in the Career – Sponsors tab when selecting an Amplified Edition sponsor
- Fixes for crashes occurring at the beginning of some Career events for some players
- Added option to listen back to previous podcast episodes from a playlist
- Fixed visual bug in Career mode that shows the player earning more than the maximum amount of Stamps after completing Throwdowns
- Technical changes made to the matchmaking process; search times for lobbies have been increased to improve the likelihood of live lobbies being found
- Friends lobby size increased to eight players
- Fixes for crashes occurring when exiting active multiplayer events
- Fixed multiple bugs causing crashes and performances issues in split-screen play
- Audio fixes for low volume in split-screen mode
- Leaderboard display adjusted to show faster target times
- Resolves occurrences of objects being available for the wrong event type
- Amplified Edition entitlements fully unlocked for Amplified Edition pre-order players
- PS5: Fixed issue with Trophies not unlocking. Any Trophies earned during this issue should unlock for players after completing one event
- Further improvements made to AI behaviour, particularly in races with large grids
- Fixed instance of cars triggering a track reset incorrectly on Arizona – Merrick Butte location
- Fixed issues causing crashes in the post-race menus
- Sprint cars: changes made to handling model following community feedback
- Display fixes for PS4/PS5 Trophy images and text
- General stability and quality of life improvements across each platform to improve your experience