Saber Interactive and Focus Home Interactive have pulled the trigger on their latest Snowrunner update, finally enabling mod support on consoles.
Those who have been playing on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (as well as PS5 and Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility) can now access a catalogue of player created (and curated) content including new vehicles, maps, and other add-ons.
Powered by mod.io, there have been more than 5 million downloads already with 3 new mods to explore every day. According to Saber Interactive, more than 30% of PC players use mods to enhance their Snowrunner experience.
- SnowRunner – full vehicle list & stats
- SnowRunner guide – 9 beginners tips to get you started
- SnowRunner Review
- Does SnowRunner have cross-play online multiplayer?
Modding the console versions is incredibly straightforward. Players simply need to jump into Snowrunner then browse the mod library for anything that takes their fancy. After subscribing to mods from the list, they can then be activated when you next play.
Snowrunner Patch 11 also ushers in a number of fixes and improvements as outlined in the changelog below.
Snowrunner Patch 11 Update Notes
- Mods are now available on consoles
- Added alternative controls scheme for CAT TH357 forklift that allows fork manipulation while driving
- Fixed a bug where the player was able to complete cabin delivery just by hovering the cabin over the unloading zone
- Fixed a bug where the icon of the disassembling building did not appear on the minimap if another player opened it in a coop session
- Fixed a bug where in coop session guests got disconnected when someone drives near disassembling building at levels of Yukon region
- Fixed incorrect number of cabins that players need to deliver to complete contracts in the Yukon region
- Removed second unloading zone in the Power Line Maintenance objective in Yukon region
- Various bug fixes and improvements for Yukon maps
- Fixed a bug where some arrows on the dashboard of the ‘KRS 58 “Bandit”‘ truck passed through dashboard texture while driving
- Fixed a bug where mirrors of the ‘KRS 58 “Bandit”‘ truck were visibly reeling in the cockpit camera mode while driving
- Articulated trucks (CAT 745C and Azov 4220 Antarctic) steering force was slightly buffed
- Improved engine sound loop for Cat Th357
- Fixed a bug where materials were not completely displayed in the player profile for the Order Master Supreme
- Added info pop up for Storage zones on a minimap
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to focus the camera on an objective and could not view what the mission objectives are without activating them
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to move added destination point on the map
Source: Press Release