Robot voxel slice ’em up Clone Drone in the Danger Zone will be coming to Switch, Xbox One, and PS4, and coming out of Early Access on Steam later this year. The game has sold hundreds of thousands of copies in Steam Early Access so must be quite good.
The game finds your human brain being squished inside a sword fighting robot who must then slash and hack their way through arenas of enemies, with “useful insights about your inevitable second death” from Commentatron and Analysis-Bot. There is a plot as well, join the human resistance against the evil robot empire!
As the games uses voxels any part of your, or your opponents, body can be sliced off and there are variety of single player, online multiplayer and online co-op modes. Here are those ever so impotent key features!
- Unique Slice-and-Dice Gameplay: Perfectly time every attack in intense physics-based combat where any part of the body can be precisely sliced off, and each hit can mean death
- Surprising Weapons: Equip your robot to fit your playstyle with weapons like flame swords and giant hammers to equipment like jet packs, piston-powered superkicks and flame-throwing dinosaurs
- Single player adventure: Dive into an epic tale of human defiance against robot overlords in story mode or tackle endless and challenge modes
- Online-Coop: Use the power of human friendship (and laser swords!) to survive in the arena
- Online Versus mode: Battle friends in “Last Bot Standing” – A Battle-Royale-like game mode with up to 15 players, or fight in 1v1 duels
- Level Editor: Make custom levels and challenges and share them with other humans! Explore the rich Workshop library of nearly 30,000 awesome human-built levels (exclusive to Steam)
- Entertaining Commentary: With over 38,000(!!!) spoken words, Commentatron and Analysis-Bot provide a running commentary of your performance and react to your activities.
Source: Press release