It’s time for 4 vs 1 survival horror in the shape of A Way To Be Dead, the new game from Crania Games. Set in the same world as another title developed by the same team, Roots of Insanity, you play as four characters trying to escape the clutches of the deranged Dr. Wiley. Players can control either the survivors, the zombies, or the Doctor himself in asymmetrical multiplayer.
The trailer shows our survivors creeping through tunnels and encountering zombies, and some delightful fleshy wallpaper at the end of the trailer, I bet B&Q don’t stock that.
Here are those ever so important key features:
- Different pre-designed paths that change randomly on each session, see a different part each game.
- Playable as zombies (when you die), survivors and Dr. Riley.
- Ability to improve the character using the Therapy points you gain by winning a session
- Ability to use the various environmental interactions for an intensified gameplay experience. You can make it easier for yourself to reach your next target or hinder your opponents’ efforts.
- When playing as survivors, you can carry only a single object at any given time. Due to this limitation, it is wise to stick with the other patients.
- Customize all the variables in a match. Duration until the lights are shut off, the amount of zombies, loot ratios, the number of exits, etc.
The game does not have a release date just yet but you can wishlist it on Steam right now.
Crania Games previous game, their debut title Roots of Insanity came out in 2017 and you playing as Dr. Riley McClein who was also wandering around a spooky hospital filled with grubbly things who want to eat your face. Dr. Riley McClein also suffered from epileptic attacks just to make things a bit more interesting. The reviews on Steam are pretty good for that title, many suggesting it’s bit like Outlast but with zombies.
Source: Press release