Update: TU 12.1 has now been deployed, but this came after extended maintenance downtime that only concluded at 16:30PM GMT!
The maintenance is now over and the servers are open. Thank you very much for your patience, agents.
— The Division 2 (@TheDivisionGame) February 2, 2021
The original post follows.
Today’s a big day for the Venn diagram crossover of The Division 2 players and PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X owners, with Title Update 12.1 adding support for the new consoles and bringing 4K 60fps gaming to the table.
Though a mid-season update for the game, there’s also the Resident Evil 25th Anniversary cross-over event and a major reduction in the cost of Optimization Station.
It might feel like a small update, but there’s still plenty for the team to do behind the scenes, and that means the game will be offline for maintenance for 3 hours from 8:30AM GMT. Plenty of time to read through the patch notes below.
The servers will shut down for maintenance tomorrow on Tuesday, February 2nd, at 9:30 CET, 03:30 AM EDT, 12:30 AM PDT.
This is to implement Title Update 12.1.
Estimated downtime is 3 hours.
— The Division 2 (@TheDivisionGame) February 1, 2021
Title Update 12.1 weighs in at the following download sizes:
- Xbox: ~5.2GB
- PlayStation: ~4.3GB
- PC: ~5.1GB
While technically still a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game, the update makes it “aware” of the new consoles, similar to Gears 5 and today’s God of War update, enabling higher performance without requiring a completely new version of the game.
Alongside this comes the Resident Evil apparel event, which offers a bunch of Resi-themed skins and collectables for you to earn. To earn them, you’ll need to take part in the STARS Support and STARS Assault projects, which have replaced the level 40 BOO daily projects. One project will be available each day and each one will reward two new patches or trophies each day until you’ve collected the full set. Simple!
Here’s the patch notes for Title Update 12.1:
4K 60 FPS Support for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5
Optimization Station Changes
- Reduced all optimization costs by 75%.
- Reduced all optimization material crafting recipes by 50%.
- With this update agents should be able to afford to optimize their weapons and gear about once an hour.
- Though it may take up to two hours to gather all the resources necessary to optimize the final tier of many items.
Reanimated Global Event Changes
The green cloud produced by killing enemies with a headshot no longer harms agents. This cloud now heals agents and provides a significant boost to their firepower while standing within it. The green cloud continues to significantly harm enemies.
- Fixed issue where gear sets would not correctly display which talents were required to be active for their chest and backpack talents to activate.
- Fixed issue where Rigger would sometime refresh Tend and Befriend incorrectly.
- Fixed issue where Memento Kill Confirmed drops could come from friendly skills.
- Fixed an issue where Memento buffs could last beyond death. Which was both grim and ironic.
- Fixed issue where directives in the LZ could multiply experience earned in the DZ.
- Fixed and issue where Legendary Black Tusk would not count as “Black Tusk” for objectives in Leagues and Summit Challenges.
- Removed objectives for the Skill Demotions Summit Challenge which referred to the Firestarter Chem Launcher and the Shrapnel Trap. The objectives were misbehaving and have been put in timeout.
- Fixed issue where Vanguard and Perfect Vanguard granted their invulnerability to allies.
- Fixed issue where Summit Combat Merit Commendation would display unusually in the Commendations menu.
- Fixed issue where Merciless and Ruthless exotics would trigger a cosmetic explosion on the seventh stack in addition to really exploding on the first shot after.
- Fixed issue where Decoy Skill would not refresh correctly if it was deployed when getting a headshot kill with the Mantis exotic.
- Fixed issue where other players on the League leaderboards would show your own SHD level and point distribution.
- Fixed misaligned elbow pads when using specific apparel items.
- Fixed issue where The Summit matchmaking tab is not grayed out for groups containing level 30 agents.
- Fixed issue where the audio queue doesn’t trigger when killing the last enemy on floor 100 in The Summit.
- Fixed the Symptom Aggravator” talent description.