The long-awaited sequel to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare now have a release date and will be coming to PC and consoles later this year. Tripwire Interactive and developer Torn Banner Studios have confirmed that Chivalry 2 will launch on June 8 on PC (via the Epic Games Store) as well as PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Pre-orders for Chivalry 2 are now open, giving fans of the multiplayer melee series a chance to secure guaranteed access to the upcoming beta. The pre-release test will be taking place for a limited time between March 26 to March 29 and will be available on all of the aforementioned platforms. Not only that, it has been confirmed that full cross-play will be enabled, inviting PC, PlayStation, and Xbox gamers into the same bloody online crucible.
Here are more details on the upcoming Chivalry 2 closed beta:
● Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
● Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
● Master Blade, Bow, or… Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
● The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
● New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
● Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.
The original Chivalry: Medieval turned out to be a massive hit, taking those familiar first person shooter tropes yet swapping guns for an arsenal of blunt and bladed weaponry. There aren’t a great many games in this subgenre with Mordhau and Mount & Blade II, and War of the Vikings being the only real competition when Chivalry 2 takes to the battlefield later this year.
Source: Press Release