A new update for PS5 launch title, Godfall, is now available to download, promising challenging new endgame content and well as various quality of life improvements.
Dubbed the “Primal” update, this free content drop makes smart changes to some of Godfall’s endgame activities while also giving players more to do once they reach the game’s level cap. This update is available on both the PS5 and PC versions of the game that launched in November 2020.
Developer Counterplay Games have introduced a new Primal tier of Godfall loot that will heavily boost your raw stats while also offering the game’s best modifiers.
The only way to get Primal loot in Godfall is to play the Ascended Tower of Trials. This is a event tougher version of Godfall’s endgame survival gauntlet. In related news, Counterplay have expanded the existing Tower of Trials with new objectives, challenges, and rewards.
Godfall Primal Update - What's New?
For both new and veteran players, the Primal Update brings big changes to Godfall to test your mettle. Here is a quick summary of key features coming with this patch; for a more in-depth breakdown please read our designer notes after the itemized list.
- Ascension Levels – Now let you power up even after you’ve reached the level cap, granting you new Ascension Powers and Ascension Bonuses.
- Primal Items – Add a compelling dimension to loot hunting, injecting a massive buff to the item’s primary trait as a new loot modifier. You’ll be able to view the impact of these effects with our new Detailed Player Stats Screen.
Tower of Trials – Both regular and Ascended versions of the tower received a substantial overhaul and expanded content including fresh new objectives, better rewards, greater challenges, and surprise events that will force you to adapt and test your builds. This increased difficulty will definitely make good use of your new Ascension Levels and Primal modifiers.
- Ascended ToT & ToT now have you pick Banes, which are negative effects on the player. The harder the Bane, the better the loot bonus!
- Ascended ToT is the only way to get Primal Items
- Ascended ToT is now heavily condensed: 30 Trials instead of 100, and provides many more keys per Trial surpassed.
- Dreamstones – Dreamstones have undergone extensive changes, including improved loot targeting and increased Electrum rewards. We’ve also added an entirely new class of items called Volatile Dreamstones that can further improve your rewards.
- Zenun Shopkeeper – Zenun is now an in-game vendor that lets you buy weapons with your in-game resources to gear up for your challenge runs. Head to the Sanctum to see what Zenun has available for you today!
- More QoL – This content update includes various bug fixes, player weapon refinements, co-op tech enhancements and other QoL improvements. The full list of updates can be found below.
The Primal update is free to download now on PS5 and PC. Godfall will be receiving a paid expansion in the near future.
- Godfall Guide – 15 essential tips & tricks
- Does Godfall have online matchmaking?
- Godfall SHiFT Codes
Sadly, Godfall didn’t do too much to impress us at launch. While it had some interesting ideas in its approach to combat, the dull structure and heavy recycling of content made it a tough game to slog through.
Source: Counterplay Games