Yet another big new update for No Man’s Sky has released today, with Expeditions aiming to mix up the game’s multiplayer with new missions to take on across the galaxy with your best buds and total strangers. The update is out now for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Expeditions are a new game mode, featuring events that start at a fixed point of the universe to bring together the game’s community on a shared journey. Each expedition is broken down into phases, which each features a set of in-game milestones for you to try and complete, giving you the opportunity to earn rewards, meet up with other players and experiment within the game.
It’s rooted in a new form of seasonal content for the game, with new expeditions created with different themes and exploring different parts of the game’s galaxy. The first expedition comes with specific rewards, including new base parts, new customisation options and an exclusive ship design and jetpack style. You’ll be able to take these rewards with you to other platforms via cross-save.
Beyond that, Expeditions also brings the following headline features:
- TARGET SWEEP MODE – A new extension to the Analysis Visor, Target Sweep brings a new element of exploration gameplay to missions. Use survey techniques and exploration skills to uncover mission destinations.
- MISSION OVERHAUL – Core and optional missions have been overhauled to include the Target Sweep mechanic, as well as a large number of other improvements.
- WEEKEND MISSIONS – Weekend Missions have been re-enabled. These procedurally generated missions give the community a common goal, and offer a large amount of Quicksilver as a reward.
- UI AND HUD OVERHAUL – The in-game HUD has been completely refreshed for legibility. A large number of UI and marker quality of life improvements have been added.
- BALANCE AND QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES – Improvements to early game balance anda new smoothness to the automated instructions for building products and technologies mean this is the best time to get back into playing No Man’s Sky.
- RENDEZVOUS POINTS – Set markers to meet other travellers.
- BUG FIXES AND PERFORMANCE
See more details on the No Man’s Sky website.
And to think, they only just released the Companions update in February!