Rebellion has released patch version 1.2.0 for their spy villain lair builder Evil Genius 2, taking onboard and fixing a bunch of bugs, progression blockers and other issues that users have found since the game’s release.
Patch 1.2.0 aims to beef up the game’s stability in general, iron out audio device issues, addressed progression blocks, and made it easier to see which Criminal Networks have no Schemes running on the World Stage. Rebellion also note that they’re still listening to feedback about game balance and those wanting a faster game pace, and are working on these and other areas for future patches.
Evil Genius 2 v1.2.0 patch notes
- Crash fixes and stability improvements.
- Audio device detection has been improved, and manual audio device selection has been added to the Launcher Options.
- Radio Tower VFX has been disabled where a Scheme is running in the Region.
- Narrative Characters can be successfully brainwashed if Objectives require them to be, even if the Lair is already at maximum minion capacity.
- Trap effects no longer remain on minions or Agents indefinitely in unusual circumstances.
- Stairs place on Gold tiles will be constructed correctly.
- On the Crown Gold island Lair, the bridge from the Helipad is no longer autotagged for Distraction.
- Improved gamepad support.
- Various text and localisation improvements.
- Tamara Krast can no longer be executed before the Task requires her to be in Max’s campaign Objective, “Gold Fingers, And Toes, And…Well, Everything”.
- Narrative characters can no longer escape the Lair under unusual circumstances during Emma’s Campaign Objective, “The Sound of Science”.
- Scientists consistently die after being Interrogated during Emma’s campaign Objective, “The Sound of Science”.
- Addressed issues where several Side Stories could be started without having the advanced minion types they required.
- Loot items cannot be stolen by Rogues before their Side Stories are complete.
- Side Story “Hail to the Chef” can now be completed correctly even if fewer than three Forces of Justice have at least one scouted Region.
- Fugu Furakawa’s Heat Reduction and Gold Schemes will no longer spawn multiple times simultaneously within a single Region.
- Crime Lords will correctly become full Henchmen when their final Side Story Objective is completed, even if the reward has not yet been collected.
- Arms Dealer Bodyguards have had their strength reduced during the “Up In Arms” Side Story.
- Julius Bird can no longer be killed after Interrogation in “The Man With The Silver Gun” Side Story.
- Completion rewards have been added to the “Poisin’ Ivy” Side Story.
- John and Jane Steele can no longer be brainwashed.
- Agent Steele will no longer arrive at the island dressed in scuba gear. Instead, one of a variety of John or Jane Steeles may arrive.
- Carl Cafard can now be killed after being recruited as a Henchman when playing on Hard difficulty.
- Trading cards have been added to the game! Get collecting minions.
Evil Genius 2 released on 30th March for PC, reviving the classic lair builder a decade and a half after the original game’s release. We rather enjoyed the game in our Evil Genius 2 review, saying:
Evil Genius 2 is a worthy return to the world stage for the classic lair builder formula. While there’s certain areas that could be improved in the presentation or the game balance, building up your 60s spy villain lair and defeating the seemingly endless string of agents trying to foil your plans is immensely satisfying and engaging.
Source: Evil Genius