Bad news for Switch and Xbox owners who have been waiting patiently for their ports of Mediatonic’s huge smash Fall Guys, the game has been delayed from this summer and the game no longer has a release window.
The news was released today by Mediatonic in a blog post.
With so many new opportunities now in our hands, we’ve realised that our previously announced Summer 2021 Switch and Xbox release schedule is unfortunately just too soon for us to include all of the tasty new features we’re working on.
While we want to launch on these platforms as quickly as possible, we believe the Switch and Xbox releases are really going to be worth waiting for and we’re super grateful for your patience. This delay gives our team some time to add features like crossplay, so when we add new platforms, players will be able to stumble in harmony with their pals, regardless of their platform of choice.
Fall Guys Season 4 is currently in full swing mixing things up with a new retro-futuristic theme, adding new game modes and ways of playing, and squashing an awful lot of bugs along the way.
There will also be a Season 4.5 update in the near future which will add two new rounds heading your way, plus “delicious Fall fashion for your Season 4 wardrobe.”
The biggest new features in Season 4 are a Squads mode, letting you play as a squad of four players, in which your progress is shared across all four players – if one of you claims victory in the final round, you all win.
To help with that there’s a few new round types:
- Squad Race – Score points for your squad by crossing the finish line, he higher your position, the more points you earn! The lowest scoring Squads get eliminated.
- Squad Survival – Score points for your squad by staying out of the slime. The lowest scoring teams get eliminated.
There’s also new daily challenges, to earn bundles of Fame and new Crown Shards. Crown Shards are earned through Challenges and Squads and can be converted into crowns at a cost of 60 shards.
The new game modes and levels are:
- Basketfall – Team mode – Grab the balls and dunk them in the other team’s hoops
- Skyline Stumble – Gauntlet level
- Short Circuit – Gauntlet level
- Hoverboard Heroes – Gauntlet level
- Power Trip – Team mode – grab batteries and use them to paint floor tiles in your team colour
- Big Shots – Dodge incoming projectiles while on a see-saw
- Roll On – Gauntlet level