This weekend, Saturday at 6pm BST to be precise, the classic Vault of Glass raid will return to Destiny and the race will be being to be the first fireteam to complete the challenges. That’s plural, challenges, Vault of Glass is a tweaked version of an old Raid so many players will already know the general mechanics and how to complete it so Bungie have added a Contest mode that is unlocked after the first successful completion.
Here’s more from Bungie:
- Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode enabled for 24 hours.
- Players will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters.
- Clearing Vault of Glass with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the Tempo’s Edge Triumph.
- Completing Tempo’s Edge, a curated list of Triumphs, in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
- To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during each encounter.
The TSA Destiny Clan look to be running multiple teams on Saturday, I have recently cleared out some of the clan members who have not logged on for over a year so there are a few spaces left in the clan if you want to join up and see if there is a slot free for the Raid.
In other news, Bungie and Numkskull designs have wasted no time and have got a prototype of a Fallen baby plush with glowing eyes ready for fans and it will be available sometime before the end of the year. You cannot pre-order it just yet, but head over to the Bungiestore and you can sign up for a notification email when they are ready.
Here’s the description from the store:
You’ve already Fallen in love with these adorable Eliksni snuggle bugs. Now bring one home.
- Size: Approximately 10″
- Development in progress; Details subject to change
- In partnership with Numskull Designs
- Shipping ETA before end of 2021