After what’s seemed like ages, summer has definitely arrived! It’s perfect BBQ weather, and in the gaming world, things are also hotting up for E3 which is just over a week away.
Elsewhere, Formula 1 heads to Baku, which is always a track that doesn’t disappoint and looks like it could give us a really topsy-turvy race – weekends don’t get much better than this!
In the News This Week
- New details for Horizon Forbidden West have been revealed… although there’s some doubt over its release date
- God of War: Ragnarok delayed to 2022
- Gran Turismo 7 and God of War: Ragnarok are coming to PS4 as well as PS5
- Astro Bot developer Team Asobi is now a standalone studio, separate from Japan Studio
- Wreckfest native PS5 and Xbox Series X|S upgrade is out now
- Days Gone developer Bend Studio is working on a new IP
- Crysis Remastered Trilogy is coming in late 2021 – won’t be native on PS5 or Xbox Series X|S
- Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters announced
- Warhammer 40,000: Shootas, Blood & Teef is the next game from the makers of Guns, Gore & Cannoli
- The Battlefield 6 reveal is happening on 9th June – has a nice neon turquoise logo
- Ubisoft admits that Far Cry 6’s revolutionary guerrilla war story is political
- The Ubisoft Forward event will show Rainbow Six Quarantine, Far Cry 6, and more
- Nintendo E3 Direct takes place on 15th June – will not have a Switch Pro hardware announcement
- Nacon Connect returns in July – will feature Test Drive Unlimited, LOTR: Gollum and more
And don’t forget your free games that can be grabbed here:
- June’s PlayStation Plus games are ready to download – Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, Star Wars: Squadrons & Operation: Tango
- Xbox Game Pass adds For Honor, Darkest Dungeon, DLCs & more
- Tell Me Why is free for Pride Month – Download and keep on Xbox and PC
Games in Review
There were plenty of games this week under the microscope, and from a good variety of genres as well.
- Tainted Grail: Conquest – PC – 9/10
- Capcom Arcade Stadium – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 8/10
- Earth Defense Force: World Brothers – PS4, PC, NSW – 8/10
- Necromunda: Hired Gun – PS4, XBO, PC – 7/10
- Famicom Detective Club – NSW – 7/10
- King of Seas – PS4, XBO, PC, NSW – 6/10
- The Magnificent Trufflepigs – PC, NSW – 6/10
Meanwhile, the hardware reviews were full of praise too:
After last week’s mammoth run of previews, this week was unsurprisingly quieter. With E3 on the horizon, Reggie looked at what we want to see from Halo Infinite the only feature we had this week came from Adrian, who explored the 7 weird rules of video games, from forward rolls to improbable inventories.
Beside that, Mary discussed how women are front and centre in our new generation of video games.
The one thing we can always rely on though is What We Played, which this week featured Astral Chain, Biomutant & Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- Andrewww described Shadow of the Tomb Raider as “ok”, but is on his third watch of WandaVision so you can see where his priorities lie.
- willbuchanan platinums and 100% completion for Borderlands 2 and Telltale’s Tales from the Borderlands. Next up, it’s Borderlands the Pre Sequel. Do you think he now sees real life through Borderland’s cel-shaded art-style?
- Another platinum went to Bocking87, who added the Demons Souls plat to his collection, and now moves onto Destruction All-Stars.
I hope you have a great weekend and I’ll see you again soon!