Serious Bros have confirmed that the enviroment based strategy simulator Imagine Earth will be available on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S from July 9th. The game first entered early access on PC back in 2014 and it has been built upon since then, with the full version having been released last month. The Xbox version will have the same content as the PC version. Players will have to manage a colony while dealing with climate change which is impacting resource availability and diplomacy with other groups on the planet.
The features of Imagine Earth include:
- Carbon footprint: Earth has been destroyed by ecological collapse – will your new home go the same way? Keep your worldwide emissions to a minimum, or else suffer rising sea levels, freak weather events, and more.
- Boldly Go: Imagine Earth is a real-time planet simulation and a build-up strategy game. Your job as a space colony manager is to explore distant planets, build up profitable colonies, and trade resources into space.
- Many ways to play: A multi-planet story campaign, ‘competition’ mode with five enemy factions, ‘endless’ mode with endless procedurally generated challenges, and a Planet Editor with custom building and terraforming.
- Hold the line: Use tower defense mechanics to protect your colony from invading aliens, marauding space pirates, and swarms of locusts.
- Hostile takeover: Form alliances with other colonies and intergalactic traders, trade shares or wage crafty economic warfare to secure total financial dominance for your planet.
Source: Press Release