Superbrothers A/V Inc. and Pine Scented Software Ltd have given us another look at the intriguing interstellar adventure. JETT: The Far Shore is coming to PS5, PS4, and PC later in 2021.
JETT: The Far Shore takes you off to another planet, as scout and ‘anchorite’ Mei deploys with a crew of explorers to discover what the alien world holds. It’s pitched as a cinematic action adventure, that blends the top down exploration in the Jett, with being able to step into the shoes of Mei and interact with the others on the planet.
“We aspired to create a videogame to express our own feelings of awe when we look up at the starry sky.” says Craig D. Adams, Creative Director at Superbrothers in this new in-depth trailer. “JETT’s premise involves exploration and discovery, however our design doesn’t rely on combat or resource extraction, and the characters go to some lengths to tread lightly, giving indigenous wildlife a wide berth, striving to adapt and avoid conflict.”
Superbrothers breaks down the features:
- EMBARK on an exploratory single player adventure presented in five captivating acts encompassing monumental moments, laid-back exploration, occasional white-knuckle action, moments of heartfelt companionship, and a helping of existential dread.
- SOAK in an sea of music and 3D sound, with a breathtaking score by Scntfc.
- DEPLOY to the surface of a mythic ocean planet: skim up undiscovered coastlines, inspect indigenous flora and fauna, adapt to new perils, and problem-solve tough obstacles using your jett’s array of scientific tools.
- INVESTIGATE the source of ‘the hymnwave’, an interstellar invitation that propelled a people to look beyond their troubled skies and across the sea of stars, for salvation.
- RENDEZVOUS at ‘Ground Control’ and get to know fellow scouts in relaxed first-person sequences, as the scouts struggle together to “satisfy ‘Jao’s directives’” and acquit themselves with honor.
- ENDURE hardships, evade pursuers and grapple with massive ‘kolos’ creatures by navigating hazards and out-pacing or out-smarting adversaries.
- DELVE DEEPER after the campaign’s culmination to explore a robust mysterious endgame where the open-world immersive sim elements flourish.