It’s not your normal Grand Prix weekend, as this British GP comes with a twist. Last night we saw Hamilton take pole in a Friday night ‘qualifying’, but the grid for tomorrow’s race will be decided by the result of the sprint
race qualifying that is being held later today. Still with me? Whether we see the format return is anyone’s guess right now, but what are your thoughts on what’s happened so far?
Meanwhile in the world of gaming, Valve surprised us all with a new hardware announcement. Did you manage to grab a Steam Deck pre-order yesterday?
In the News This Week
- Valve unveil the Steam Deck, their new handheld PC console
- Company of Heroes 3 announced – try the game out via Steam today
- Gran Turismo 7 beta may be on the way after listing spotted on PlayStation website
- FIFA 22 available from September 27th, new HyperMotion tech for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Stadia versions
- Battlefield 2042 cross-platform play detailed – PS5, Xbox Series X|S & PC separate from PS4 & Xbox One
- Ubisoft delays Rainbow Six Extraction and Rider’s Republic… again
- Kojima suggests the Death Stranding: Director’s Cut should not be called a Director’s Cut
- Netflix to offer video games via streaming “within the next year”
- Xbox boss hints that DualSense-like upgrades could come to the Xbox controller
- Pokémon Unite Nintendo Switch release date confirmed for July 21st
Games in Review
This year’s Formula 1 game is out now, but it’ll have to share pole position with a couple of other titles:
- F1 2021 – PS4, PS5, XBO, XBX|S, PC – 8/10
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD – NSW – 8/10
- Boomerang X – NSW, PC – 8/10
- The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos – PS4, XBO, NSW, PC – 7/10
- Total War: Warhammer 2 – Silence and Fury DLC – PC – 7/10
- Where the Heart Leads – PS4, PS5 – 6/10
And for our hardware reviews, Dom looked at the impressive new headset from RIG:
From the previews, Nic Bunce had an in-depth look at Shadowverse: Champions Battle, an ‘intriguing and enticing’ card game coming to the Switch next month. Meanwhile, his namesake Nic Reuben game he’s got his eye on is Industries of Titan, a city builder and management game that is hitting a lot of the right notes, although is just beginning its early access journey.
Dani dove into everything we know so far about Pokémon Legends: Arceus, saying that it looks like a promising step to breaking out the traditional Pokémon formula, while Sam shared their hype for Guardians of the Galaxy, and recommended the best comics to read in order to prepare.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- MrYd was busy as per usual, enjoying A Plague Tale, Judgment and recommends Splitgate as a game that combines an arena shooter and Portal.
- Aside from checking out the filming of the new Indiana Jones movie, Crazy_Del is seeking a friend to help with the multiplayer trophies in Doom Eternal for his 700th platinum!
- ron_mcphatty finished off Cyberpunk 2077 describing it as “a bad game dressed in a very tight, sexy, sparkly dress”, and so goes back to Train Valley 2.
- Other than Borderlands 3, willbuchanan enjoyed visitng an Arcade for some gaming nostalgia.
That’s your lot for this week, have fun and I’ll see you next time!