If you’ve just purchased Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut on PS5, you’ll want to know how to transfer your PS4 save data. Unless it’s your first time playing of course, in which case: enjoy!
Since Sony launched the PS5 back in November, one major pain point PlayStation fans have encountered is the shoddy save transfer processes in place. In a majority of cases, you will need to update the PS4 version of the game, boot it up, then upload your save in-game before retrieving it on PS5.
For example, those wanting to carry their saves over to Final Fantasy VII Remastered on PS5 needed to re/download the whopping 100GB title on their PS4 beforehand.
Ghost of Tsushima marks a huge leap forward. You won’t need to have the game currently installed on a system you own, nor do you have to manually upload save files:
To transfer a PS4 save to #GhostOfTsushima Director’s Cut on PS5, have it in your PS5 storage and select “Transfer PS4 Console Save” on the menu (we recommend downloading the latest patch first).
If you’re a PS Plus member with cloud saves, download locally before transferring. pic.twitter.com/Sg99k5Wc18
— Ghost of Tsushima 🎮 Director’s Cut Out 8/20! (@SuckerPunchProd) August 18, 2021
Sucker Punch allow returning players to access their save data seamlessly from within the Director’s Cut. Simply choose a transfer option from the Ghost of Tsushima main menu, select which file to import, and sit back. You’ll now be able to pick up where you left off or start a New Game+ playthrough. You’ll also want to make sure you import your data for Ghost of Tsushima: Legends too! It’s worth noting that GoT isn’t the only game that does this – Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order quietly touted this handy feature when it recently hopped over to PS5.
- Ghost of Tsushima review
- The real world history behind Ghost of Tsushima
- Is Ghost of Tsushima historically accurate? We ask a samurai expert
- Where to find the grappling hook in Ghost of Tsushima
- Ghost of Tsushima Samurai techniques upgrade guide
- Ghost of Tsushima Ghost techniques upgrade guide
- Ghost of Tsushima collectibles guide – using the Traveler’s Attire
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – how to survive Gyozen’s Curse
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Gear & XP farming guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – all Legendary Items
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – find Oni Treasure and Gyozen’s Lost Scrolls
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – 7 tips & tricks for beginners
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Ronin class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Assassin class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Samurai class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – Hunter class guide
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends – how to beat the Tengu crow demons