Codemasters has unleashed Dirt 5 update 6.00, bringing with it free new tracks and liveries, while the paid Wild Spirits content pack that adds a bunch of extra career events and two new vehicles. The update is out today for Xbox, PlayStation and PC, and will be coming at a later date for Google Stadia.
Dirt 5 update 6.00 has two new tracks that are available for all players of the game. These are both Stampede events taking players over to Morocco. Ait Ojana and Tinghir both feature big jumps and tough terrain through the Moroccan desert, not to mention some tough weather that includes sandstorms.
Sandstorms will also be available in the Playgrounds creative mode, alongside fog for people that want to shroud their levels in mist.
There’s also a handful of additional real-world liveries for the MINI Cooper SX1, Armada Engineering Unlimited Truck, Volkswagen Beetle Rallycross, Porsche Macan T1 Rally Raid, and Renault Megane R.S RX.
For Playgrounds, we’re adding two more weather conditions to help transform your custom racing arenas: fog and sandstorm! Also, this update features a number of gameplay and difficulty tweaks, designed to make DIRT 5’s on-track action even more competitive and action-packed.
Over on the premium side of things, the Wild Spirits content pack will be available standalone, or unlocked automatically for owners of the Amplified or Year One Edition of the game.
The Wild Spirits pack adds two new off-road machines for you to tear through the game with. The Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2021 comes with 310bhp and 400 lb-ft of torque, as well as new 4×4 and differential systems. Alongside that is the Prodrive Hunter, the “Desert Hypercar” that has competed in the Dakar Rally and more. This is powered by a 3.5-litre twin turbo V6 that pumps out 500bhp, which should be more than enough for your racing needs.
The ‘Wild Spirits’ bonus chapter will also pop up in the career mode. This adds 35 new events with chances to race the new vehicles, take on multi-class races, run through dynamic weather events and more. You can also pick up sponsorships from Alpinestars and VP Racing Fuels, and trophy hunters will be hunting after five additional Trophies and Achievements.
Here’s the Dirt 5 Update 6.00 patch notes:
- Wild Spirits Content Pack: Two new cars (Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2021, ProDrive Hunter), 25 new Career events, two new Player Sponsors, more liveries and additional customisation items. This pack is included in DIRT 5 Amplified/Year One Edition or purchasable separately
- Two new Morocco Stampede circuits, Ait Ojana and Tinghir, with reverse variants
- Five additional iconic liveries
- Overhauled opponent driver AI to increase challenge and excitement all modes and scenarios
- New Rewards Multiplier tied to chosen vehicle rankings. Players will receive greater rewards for succeeding in events with lower-ranked cars within a vehicle class.
- Resolved instances of irregular object snapping in Playgrounds at Papoose Lake
- Resolved instances of missing ambient audio for multiple Playground arenas on objects
- Fixed environment bug allowing players on Greece events to fall out of the world
- Fixed instance of incorrect label for second place in Playgrounds Weekly Challenges
- Resolved issue causing players to be reset to track incorrectly on Brazil’s Rio Seafront, Turn 8
- Resolved rare instances of crashes during online play