We first posted the Sonic Colours launch trailer back in 2010, and now exactly 3,949 days later, we have the Sonic Colours: Ultimate trailer.
Sonic Colours: Ultimate is now available digitally on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, with a digital-only release on PC via the Epic Games Store for £34.99. There’s also a Digital Deluxe edition for £39.99 with bonus features. SEGA has announced that the physical editions of Sonic Colours: Ultimate, both keyring and standard, in Europe, the Middle East, or Africa will have to wait as this release has been delayed. The rest of the world, including Australia and New Zealand, are unaffected by this delay.
Here are they key features, my favourite part of any press release.
- Sonic Speed and Non-Stop Action – Accelerate to adrenaline-pumping super speed, zoom across challenging worlds, and maneuver through hazardous obstacles. Time your attacks perfectly to charge your boost and reach Super Sonic speeds.
- Interstellar Amusement Park – Explore and adventure through immersive environments, like a Sweet Mountain filled with delightful sweets or an Aquarium Park filled with sea life and countless pools – all centered around a mysterious astro-amusement park.
- Wisp Power-ups – Transform Sonic by harnessing the magnificent alien power of Wisps to defeat enemies and discover the secrets of the interstellar amusement park. Pass through solid objects and discover alternate paths using the new Jade Ghost Wisp.
- White Wisp – Fill your boost gauge and accelerate into super speeds, destroy obstacles and enemies in your path
- Cyan Wisp – Turn Sonic into a powerful cyan laser, move across the stage at lightning speed and zap enemies in your path
- Jade Wisp – Transform Sonic into a Jade ghost, fly around and phase through solid objects to reach hidden areas
- Pink Wisp – Turn Sonic into a pink spike that can roll up walls and ceilings and attack enemies
- Green Wisp – Transform Sonic into a green hover form to reach higher areas and float past treacherous obstacles
- Orange Wisp – Turn Sonic into an orange rocket, blast into the air and reach unparalleled heights
- Blue Wisp – Switch blue rings and blue blocks to open new routes, turn Sonic into a blue cube to stomp down enemies
- Yellow Wisp – Transform Sonic into a yellow drill and dig through the ground or torpedo through the water
- Purple Wisp – Transform Sonic into a hungry purple frenzy and eat anything in your path
- Better Than Ever – Available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch and now more Colourful than ever with enhanced visuals and graphics, refined controls, and many more gameplay upgrades. The game is also playable on PlayStation®5 via backwards compatibility and Xbox Series X|S.
- HD Updates – New high-definition updates and improvements, including 60 FPS, re-vamped lighting, improved graphics and 4K resolution
- Park Tokens & Customisation – Head to the store and use park tokens to unlock unique boosts, auras, shoes and gloves for Sonic
- Customisable Controls – Customise your controls to find a layout that suits your play style
- Tails Save – Find a Tails Save and be taken back to safety if you need to be rescued
- 100 Count Ring – Collect a 100 Count Ring to gain temporary invincibility and boost your score after each level
- Music – Fully remixed soundtrack to set the pace while you put an end to Dr. Eggman’s evil plan
- New ‘Rival Rush’ Mode – Put your skills to the test and go head-to-head with Metal Sonic. Outrun Metal Sonic to unlock rewards!
- Digital Deluxe Edition Only
- Ultimate Cosmetic Pack
- Customize Sonic and stand out with exclusive gold and silver gloves and shoes, an electric boost and aura from the hit Sonic movie and exclusive Sonic movie themed player icons.
- Ultimate Music Pack
- Three exclusive original game remixes to set the pace for you while you put an end to Dr. Eggman.
In other Sonic news, Idris Elba recently confirmed that he would be starring in the next Sonic The Hedgehog movie voicing Knuckles. Sonic the Hedgehog was a big hit at the box office in the pre-pandemic start to 2020. The film sprinted past the previous record for a video game movie’s opening weekend, set in 2019 by Detective Pikachu, managing to overcome an extensive delay and redevelopment to be a success.
The film sees Sonic, voiced by Ben Schwartz, making a new life for himself on Earth. After setting off an EMP pulse that knocks out power across a large part of North America, the US government puts Jim Carrey’s Dr. Robotnik on his tail, forcing Sonic to make a new best friend in Tom, played by James Marsden, and road trip across America. It doesn’t really make too much sense, but then it’s a video game movie for kids.
Source: Press release