Team Ninja have released a new update for Nioh 2 as both games in the series drop on the Epic Games Store.
Nioh 2: Complete Edition and Nioh: Complete Edition are now available through Epic’s digital storefront. In typical Epic fashion, there’s a deal to celebrate!
You have between now and 4PM on September 16th to claim your free copy of the first game. Simply add it to your library and it’s yours to keep forever.
There’s also a new update available for Nioh 2, bringing the sequel up to version 1.28. Note that the change list below only effect the Steam PC version of the game.
Nioh 2 Update 1.28 Patch Notes
- Implemented cross-play with the Epic Games Store version
You can change the cross-play settings from “Online Settings” in the system menu.
- You need an Epic Games account to enable cross-play.
- If you enable cross-play with the Epic Games Store version, you will not be able to match users with cross-play disabled.
- When cross-play is enabled, friend matching will be referenced from your Epic Games account.
- Expanded to issue appearance configuration codes that can be used in the Epic Games Store version
- Fixed a bug that the batch check filter for souls was not working properly in “Kura” in the base.
- Fixed a bug that items set as favorites in “Kura” in the base will be removed when moved to the luggage compartment.
- Fixed a bug that youkai may not be activated if you hold down a specific button by operating the keyboard and mouse.
- Fixed a bug that the shadow of the stage may be displayed strangely when playing a video in the martial arts customization menu etc.
- Fixed a bug that some Amrita crystals placed on the stage were not displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug that the effect was not displayed correctly in a specific attack of “Minamoto no Yoshitsune”
- Fixed a bug that could make it impossible to proceed when participating in Marebito in Naraku Jigoku
- Fixed a bug that the number of defeats is not reflected in the play record even if you defeat “Kashinkyoshi” that appears in the picture scroll mission.
- Fixed other minor bugs
In other Nioh news, Koei Tecmo published their latest sales figures ahead of today’s Epic release.
The #Nioh series has now reached over six million sales worldwide!
We thank all of you for the continuous support and would like to share a new wallpaper available for PC and mobile devices from our website!
— KOEI TECMO EUROPE (@koeitecmoeurope) September 9, 2021
Nioh 2: The Complete Edition is easily one of our favourite games of 2021 and is also available on PS5. In our review, Jason scored it a stellar 9/10:
“Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition manages to give budding yokai hunters even more to do, and whether you missed the PS4 version of the game or not, it’s definitely one to sink your teeth into if you fancy a challenging experience.”
Given the series’ critical and commercial success, a follow-up seems very likely though not at least for another few years.