The biggest news of the week all came out of the PlayStation Showcase, giving us a bunch of trailers and games to look forward to over the coming months and years. With plenty of highlights, let’s dive straight in to our weekly gaming round-up!
In the News This Week
- The PlayStation Showcase 2021 – catch up on the stream here!
- Gran Turismo 7 is coming out in March 2022
- God of War: Ragnarok has a new trailer!
- The Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves remaster is coming to PS5… and for PC
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Remake announced for PS5 and PC
- GTA V & GTA Online for PS5 & Xbox Series X|S delayed to March 2022
- Insomniac are making a game based on Marvel’s Wolverine
- Square Enix reveal a new trailer Forspoken, out Spring 2022
- New Project EVE gameplay revealed at PlayStation Showcase
- Spider-Man 2 first trailer revealed, but it’s not coming out until 2023
- Tropical adventure Tchia is coming to PlayStation and PC in 2022
Outside of the Showcase, it wasn’t exactly quiet in the gaming world either…
- Report: PS5 Pro to launch 2023/2024
- The Play Has No Limits video brings back a Sony tradition: Spot the hidden games!
- PlayStation acquires The Persistence developer Firesprite
- Football Manager 2022 November release date confirmed – Day One in Game Pass for PC and Xbox
- 426 cars confirmed for Forza Horizon 5, and Playground Games say they’ve got even more to reveal
- Alan Wake Remastered confirmed for PC and consoles, including PlayStation
- Tripwire Interactive replace CEO after backlash over controversial statements
- Horizon Forbidden West PS5 upgrades will now be free – Sony clarify upgrade pricing for future games
Games in Review
It wasn’t just a busy week in terms of news, we had plenty of reviews too:
- Tales of Arise – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Life Is Strange: True Colors – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC, Stadia, NSW – 9/10
- WarioWare: Get It Together! – NSW – 8/10
- F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch – PS4, PS5, PC – 7/10
- Jupiter Hell – PC – 7/10
- Marvel’s Avengers War for Wakanda – PS5, XBX|S, PS4, XBO, Stadia – 7/10
- Surgeon Simulator 2 – XBX|S, XBO, PC – 6/10
And from the hardware reviews, Dom was impressed with Lucidsound’s budget headset:
Naturally, the previews took a bit of a back seat this week. Alexis looked at the Early Access title, Dream Cycle which features a bonkers 10,000 levels that are procedurally generated. Elsewhere, Adrian explored what the WWF: No Mercy game from the Nintendo 64 can teach us for the upcoming AEW video game.
Finishing off the week as usual, What We Played featured WarioWare, Tales of Arise & Life Is Strange: True Colors.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
- TSbonyman downloaded and then immediately bounced off Destiny 2’s need to grind up to level. So he had fun with Wolfenstein: The New Order instead and got close to the end of The Raven Remastered.
- MrYd’s troubles with PS5 stability extended to No Man’s Sky’s new update, which crashed so hard he had to unplug the console from the wall, which broke the system install… again. Still, he managed to finish off Watch Dogs: Legion which he enjoyed, surprised himself by also having fun with Predator: Hunting Grounds from PS+, and dashed through the “short, but very good” Transference.
- tactical20 played WarioWare, saying “it’s brilliant!”
Phew! That was quite the round up. Enjoy the weekend and I’ll see you again soon!