Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier will be launching to iOS and Android in November, Square Enix has confirmed. The publisher is also planning to begin pre-registration for Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier this month, though an exact date is yet to be confirmed. The news was confirmed at Tokyo Game Show, where a new trailer was also shown, and also posted on the official Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier Twitter page.
We plan to begin pre-registration for FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER in October, and release the game next month!
— FINAL FANTASY VII THE FIRST SOLDIER_EN (@FFVII_FS_EN) October 3, 2021
Set thirty years before the events of Final Fantasy VII, players will join Shinra’s enhanced ranks of military fighters. Though there’s definitely some battle royale vibes, with rideable Chocobo and motorbikes, as well as weapon-filled vending machines, you have some classed characters to choose between – Warrior Sorceror, Monk, Ranger, Ninja – and Square Enix has added in more PvE elements with monsters to battle out in the world map – from the trailers shown, we can see a number of a familiar locales stripped from Final Fantasy 7 Remake. You’ll also have your own summons to call upon to fight alongside you. Gematsu noted some other details for Final Fantasy VII The First soldier, and you can check them below.
- Controller Support – Connect your phone to a monitor and it feels like you’re playing on a console! Play comfortably even if you’re not great with virtual pads!
- Training Mode Added – You’ll be able to access a special training map to practice and experiment with various weapons, materia, and styles!
- Tutorial Revamped – The revamped tutorial will be split into two parts: one that covers basic controls, and one that covers rules of battle and general gameplay flow.
- Collection Feature Added – The piece exchange system that beta participants enjoyed, but bigger & better! Gather pieces from monsters, secret boxes, etc. and exchange them for items! Items available will be updated every season!
- New Style: Ninja – This style is focused on mobility! It utilizes a shuriken for melee combat and allows for some sneaky combat tactics. It can turn invisible with its “Hide” ability and move in for covert attacks.