Activision and Sledgehammer Games barraged fans with a salvo of Call of Duty: Vanguard news last week. Wading through this mass of intel, we learned of the game’s PlayStation exclusive content which will be available to PS4 and PS5 owners.
Ahead of the Vanguard’s release date on November 5, 2021, it’s been confirmed that there will be no exclusive mode coming to Sony platforms. Casual Call of Duty players may be unaware but in recent years, Sony and Activision have partnered to keep game modes locked on PlayStation consoles.
Looking back, 2019’s superb Call of Duty: Modern Warfare launched with a Spec Ops Survival mode that was exclusive to PS4. The following year, we saw Black Ops Cold War’s Zombies Onslaught mode tied to PlayStation platforms. In fact, the timed exclusivity period on this DLC has just expired with Onslaught arriving on Xbox and PC.
Call of Duty Vanguard PlayStation Exclusive Content
So, what exactly are PS4 and PS5 owners getting this year? Call of Duty: Vanguard will have some exclusive goodies, though the lack of a bonus game mode may have some fans reconsider which platform they purchase the game on.
Here’s a quick breakdown via the Official PlayStation Blog:
- PlayStation players who purchase the Battle Pass Bundle will get an additional 5 Tier Skips – that’s a total of 25 Tier Skips.
- Players will get a free in-game bundle to celebrate Season One of Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone. This pack will include a new Operator Skin, Weapon Blueprint, and much more. A new free bundle will be available during each Call of Duty: Vanguard season.
- PlayStation players that play together in parties receive +25% bonus weapon XP.
- PlayStation players can look forward to exclusive Monthly Double XP events, lasting 24 hours in duration each.
- Two additional multiplayer loadout slots.
Call of Duty Vanguard is now available to pre-load on consoles. Thanks to the implementation of on-demand texture streaming and new compression techniques for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, the initial download size for Call of Duty: Vanguard is as follows:
- PlayStation 5: 64.13 GB Download | 89.84 GB Required Space
- PlayStation 4: 54.65 GB Download | 93.12 GB Required Space
- Xbox Series X |S: 61 GB Download | 61 GB Required Space
- Xbox One: 56.6 GB Download | 56.6 GB Required Space
Compared to the eye-watering 95GB on PS4 and 133GB on PS5 that Black Ops Cold War needed to preload, this is a huge reduction in size.
Vanguard will launch with a total of 20 multiplayer maps, a new Champion Hill game mode, and the next chapter in the Zombies Aether storyline, Der Anfang.
Source: Official PlayStation Blog