It’s all been kicking off in the gaming news this week. There’s been delayed to not one, but two upcoming handheld consoles, there’s been hackers claiming they have full access to the PS5, and the GTA trilogy has shipped with more than a few issues… Oh, and there’s the wide release and early access release of games like Forza Horizon 5, Jurassic World Evolution 2, Battlefield 2042, Shin Megami Tensei V and more. It’s been a busy week, so I’m sure plenty of you will be in need of this gaming round-up!
In the News This Week
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy for PC pulled from sale – Rockstar Games Launcher back online after lengthy downtime
- Report: The frame rate for the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy titles is not great on PS5
- Hackers claim they have the PS5 root key that could make jailbreaking possible
- Steam Deck shipping date has slipped to February 2022
- Handheld console Playdate has been delayed until early 2022
- Marvel’s Avengers shows off Spider-Man in new trailer
- Battlefield 2042 will launch without voice chat option
- Graphics and Performance modes confirmed for Elden Ring on PS5
- Far Cry 6 Vaas Insanity content releases November 16th
- SteamWorld Headhunter teaser reveals full third person co-op action
- The PlayStation Direct Store has launched in the UK, but it doesn’t have any PS5 stock
Games in Review
It’s no surprise that we’ve had game reviews up the wazoo this week.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 9/10
- Unpacking – XSX|S, XBO, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Blue Reflection: Second Light – PS4, NSW, PC – 8/10
- Football Manager 2022 – PC, XSX|S, XBO – 8/10
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise – NSW – 7/10
- Bright Memory: Infinite – PC – 5/10
And if you want to get wheelie good at racing games, this might help:
- Thrustmaster T248 Steering Wheel – PS5, PS4, PC – 9/10
This past week saw the first anniversaries of the launch of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. With one year of games, technical development and industry manoeuvres, we looked back on how Microsoft and Sony have navigated a tricky new console launch.
But that’s not really what you’re here for, is it? You want Elden Ring, right? Well, Jason certainly wanted Elden Ring and then he got to play Elden Ring a little bit ahead of the network test. You can even watch some of it here:
Meanwhile, for the launch of Jurassic World Evolution 2, Ade caught up with the team to talk about just how scientifically accurate the game is.
Here’s what you in our community has been up to this week:
MrYd has finished a second playthrough of Scarlet Nexus, which remains one of his top two RPGs of the year. He continued on with the Mafia remake and has continued to enjoy PS Plus game First Class Trouble, which is apparently doing a good job of tapping into the PS5 accolades system. Oh, and he explored that Skyrim anniversary update a bit too.
hornet1990 has been giving his 14-year-old PSP some attention, finding that the battery life manages to still hold a charge! That’s let him enjoy Outrun: Coast 2 Coast, NHL 07 and Retro City Rampage DX on it.
willbuchanan has been mopping up some collectables in Need for Speed Heat, but he’s been struggling with flu. Get well soon!
And TSBonyman has stuck with his usual of No Man’s Sky and Dreams, while also rewatching one of his favourite sitcoms, Community.
That’s it for this week’s gaming round-up. Have a fun weekend, and we’ll catch you again soon.