Forever Skies has been revealed by developer Far From Home, and it will appeal to those who like running around an apocalyptic world. Forever Skies takes place in a future where an ecological disaster has brought about the fall of civilisation, and it will task players with surviving the unforgiving world. The gameplay teaser trailer shows a ruined cityscape to explore as well as the search for resources and knowledge of the Forever Skies world.
“We were truly overwhelmed and humbled by the initial reception of our project. I hope that the teaser trailer with the first gameplay running on the power of Unreal Engine will give a nice glimpse into our wrecked world and a clear idea of the direction we’re heading.” said Andrzej Blumenfeld, Far From Home CEO and Gameplay Lead. The features of Forever Skies include:
- Return To Earth – Take on the role of a scientist returning to Earth devastated by a global ecological disaster. This event caused the surface of the planet to be covered in a colossal layer of toxic dust, forcing humanity to build massive towers to try to survive.
- Build & Control Your Advanced Airship – Build and customize a high-tech airship. It will be your home, workshop, laboratory. Extract and gather resources to improve it to make it fit your gaming tactics.
- Utilize Science To Survive – Analyze scanned items and reverse engineer lost technology. Research new ways of obtaining food, resources, new tools and more.
- Scavenge Ruined Skies – Explore and discover the remains of our civilization. Extract resources from the ruins that were built up high to escape the dust. Find out what happened and how we lost Earth.
- Descend Below The Dust – Discover a strange new world that changed with the absence of humanity. Hunt for viral pathogens, use them as weapons or better yourself with viral boosts.
- Fight for Your Life – Below the dust lies a totally new ecosystem so expect a fight against evolved and dangerous creatures.
Forever Skies will release first on Steam in Early Access this year, and it will come to consoles at a later date.
Source: Press Release