Elden Ring performances issues and other bugs are being investigated by developer FromSoftware.
The hotly-anticipated roleplaying game is finally out today on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, having racked up perfect review scores to become one of the best rated games of all time.
However, a number of players have encountered problems such as PC performance issues and a PS5 save bug. This follows the day one Elden Ring 1.02 update which packed in a load of fixes and improvements just in time for launch. You can find those patch notes here.
In the meantime, here are the Elden Ring issues currently being worked on.
Elden Ring reported issues
- Regarding the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version. We will be sending out a patch for this issue in the near future.
- Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name is set to 2-byte characters. We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
- Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplayWe will be constantly working to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on various PC environments and platforms.
- For the PC version, updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version may significantly improve performance.
- About the phenomenon of game data that does not save correctly in the PlayStation 5 version. If the PS5 console is unexpectedly turned off while playing a game or in rest mode, saved data may not be saved correctly. We are aware of the cause of this issue and are working on a patch to correct it, but until the patch is released, please save your game manually by exiting the game regularly. Game data will be saved correctly if you quit the game by opening the system menu using the OPTION button and selecting “Quit Game.”
In our Elden Ring review, Jason wrote: “Elden Ring is the game Souls fans have been waiting for. From the open world design, to riding into battle on Torrent’s back, and the dark narrative woven through the world, this is a clear Game of the Year frontrunner that will have us all ensnared for a long time to come”
Source: Bandai Namco
- Elden Ring Tips and Tricks for new players and beginners
- Elden Ring Stats: Everything you need to know before you spec your build
- How to get Torrent, the Elden Ring Horse
- Elden Ring Spirits: Everything you need to know
- Elden Ring Flask of Wondrous Physick: What does it do and how can you get it?