The PC Gaming Show has begun with a new five minute gameplay trailer for The Invincible, a sci fi game coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
The Invincible is set in an alternate timeline where humanity has not discovered digital technology. Instead, advancement of analogue technology has allowed humans to journey the stars and travel to other planets. The planet in this game is Regis III and it turns out that the planet is not a great place to be. Dr Yasna’s main mission is to find the rest of her crew members but that will not be simple due to the dangers that roam the planet. Players will be relying on their equipment to solve the mystery of Regis III, as well as find a way to escape its pull. An interactive storyline will be updated regularly on The Invincible’s official site. The features of the game include:
- Retro-future atompunk setting reminiscent of the era of space race
- Analogue yet very advanced technology allowing for drones and autonomous robots to support or spoil your mission
- Immersive gameplay with a non-linear story shaped by your relationships, choices and persuasive skills
- Beautiful, state of the art graphics powered by Unreal Engine
- Intriguing story inspired by Stanislaw Lem’s seminal sci-fi cult classic of the same name
The game is based on the novel of the same name by Stanisław Lem, a polish sci-fi writer best known as the author of the 1961 novel Solaris which was turned in to a Hollywood movie starring George Clooney. The book features a reoccurring theme that appears in a number of his novels, but saying what that is may be a spoiler for the game.
A full release date for The Invincible is yet to be confirmed, though Starward Industries is targeting a date at some point in 2022. As mentioned the game will be available for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.