Rimworld Console Edition can now be pre-ordered on PlayStation and Xbox consoles, Double Eleven has a confirmed. There are two versions available with those being the standard edition and the Rimworld Digital Deluxe edition. The game itself will be released on the 29th of July for consoles. The pre-order links and pricing details can be found after the trailer.
- RimWorld Console Edition PlayStation – £32.99/$39.99
- RimWorld Console Edition – Digital Deluxe PlayStation – £44.99/$54.99
- Buy RimWorld Console Edition – Xbox – £34.99/$39.99
- Buy RimWorld Console Edition – Digital Deluxe – Xbox – £44.99/$54.99
The Digital Deluxe edition of the game includes three days early access and the Royalty DLC. The features of RimWorld Console Edition include:
- Discover a new generated world each time you play.
- Manage colonists’ moods, needs, wounds, illnesses and addictions.
- Build in the forest, desert, jungle, tundra, and more.
- Watch colonists develop and break relationships.
- Fight pirates, mad animals, and ancient killing machines.
- Tame and train cute pets, productive farm animals, and deadly attack beasts.
- Form caravans to complete quests, trade, fight, or migrate your whole colony.
- Dig through snow, weather storms, and fight fires.
- Learn to play easily with the help of an intelligent and unobtrusive AI tutor.
In RimWorld players will start with three settlers, survivors of a crashed passenger spaceship who have no hope of rescue. Instead, the settlement will grow with the survivors having to face off against thunderstorms and pirate raids. Events are triggered by the AI storyteller so there is no way to predict what will happen next. Players do get to choose where on the planet to crash, with options being snow covered tundras, deserts, jungles, and forests. Each has its own materials and dangers to be aware of. There are different AI storytellers to choose from including Randy Random who does crazy stuff, Cassandra Classic who goes for rising tension, and Phoebe Chillax who likes to relax.