There’s another heat wave rolling into the UK this weekend (primarily in the south, to be fair), so I hope you all have a nice fan handy to blow the air around in your gaming room, because if there’s one thing that’s worse than a sun trap of a living room, it’s a sun trap of a living room with a PS5, Xbox Series X or gaming PC doing its best efforts to match the heat output of the sun!
As always, there’s plenty of gaming news to catch up on, and that’s especially true thanks to Nacon and Ubisoft this week. Let’s get on with the round up.
In the News This Week
- Skull & Bones is actually, finally, 100% coming out in November 2022
- E3 is definitely, 100%, actually going to happen in 2023
- RoboCop: Rogue City is coming out in June 2023
- Terminator survival game announced during Nacon Connect
- Lollipop Chainsaw remake coming in 2023
- Red Dead Online support cut back as Rockstar focuses on GTA6
- Marvel’s Avengers next hero accidentally leaked on stream
- The Tomorrow Children: Phoenix Edition rises from the ashes in September
- The Division Resurgence announced as a mobile spin off
- Games with Gold won’t include Xbox 360 games from October 2022
Games in Review
We had a handful of reviews this week.
- Mini Motorways – NSW, iOS, PC – 9/10
- DNF Duel – PS5, PS4, PC – 8/10
- Outriders Worldslayer – PS5, XSX|S, PS4, XBO, PC – 6/10
We also had a handful of previews, starting with Jim’s hands on with the Overwatch 2 beta. While it’s transformative in many ways – like the switch to 5v5 instead of 6v6 matches – there’s also a lot of common ground to the original game.
Alongside that, we had a pair of upcoming Switch games. Reu dove into the anthology time-hopping story of Live A Live, an HD-2D remake of the classic SNES JRPG, while Dom got right back up to date with Xenoblade Chronicle 3, calling it a thoughtful and emotional next step for the franchise.
Finally, What We Played featured Outriders Worldslayer, Chorus and For Honor.
See the Skull & Bones gameplay reveal here
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum trailer gets a fresh gameplay trailer
RoboCop: Rogue City gameplay revealed
Hitman 3’s new Ambrose Island revealed
Ad Infinitum new gameplay trailer shows the horrors of war, releasing April 2023
Here’s what you in our community have been up to this week:
- MrYd finished off his playthrough of Guardians of the Galaxy, which was a lot of fun. Then he had a cooking accident that injured his thumb, forcing him to play some more sedate games, such as Man of Medan, Zanki Zero, Lawn Mowing Simulator and Arcadegeddon.
- willbuchanan continued on his trip through Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars on PS3 and Everybody’s Golf on PS4. He also picked up and grabbed the platinum trophies for Sketchbook About her Sun and Disco Cannon Airlines in the PSN sale. The latter was just 49p and lured him in by having “the best name I’ve ever seen for anything, ever. It did not disappoint!.
Have a great week and I’ll catch you soon!