Update 1.12 for F1 22 has released, which adds the full Formula 2 2022 season into the game, kicks of Season 3 of the Podium Pass, and brings the iconic Mika Häkkinen back from sabbatical for the My Team Mode.
As is typical for the series, Formula 2 season has been fed into F1 22 a few months after release. You can now take part in a 14-round F2 season, competing against Logan Sargent, jack Doohan and this year’s champion, Felipe Drugovich.
Mika Häkkinen will then be coming out of retirement on 17th October. The ‘Flying Finn’ won the 1998 and 1999 World Championships, and will now be available in the My Team management mode as a driver to hire. Häkkinen famously left the sport and went on “sabbatical” after the 2001 season, and while this did actually turn into full retirement in 2002, it’s been a running joke that he might make a grand return to F1 sometime.
Season 3 of the Podium Pass will also debut on 17th October, bringing a bunch of US-inspired content, from Stars and Stripes inspired liveries and racing gear, to the ‘Griddy’ podium celebration taken from American sports.
Here’s the full patch notes for F1 22 update 1.12:
- F2™ 2022 season update has been added
- McLaren ‘Future Mode’ livery now added in-game for a limited time
- Fixed a game crash on Steam Deck before reaching the main menu
- Parc Ferme rules aren’t applied to race after being in a qualifying session
- Fixed an issue where ERS increase/decrease buttons were not working in Qualifying sessions
- Fixed an issue where, under ‘Immersive’ Safety car, a player would be allowed to pass after briefly overtaking another driver illegally
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Unsafe pit release’ option in Multiplayer would force cars to slow incorrectly while leaving the pit lane
- Fixed an issue where cutting the final chicane at Japan doesn’t invalidate the next lap in Time Trial
- Fixed an issue in Time Trial where ‘this and next lap invalidated’ penalty allowed next lap to be registered on leaderboards without penalty flag
- Fixed an issue in Social Play where changing the setting in ‘Pit Stop Experience’ would only affect the session host
- Fixed an issue where Heusinkveld pedals have a 50% brake deadzone
- Fixed an issue where the wheel display on the Thrustmaster T248 was inactive
- Fixed an issue where setting radio verbosity to ‘Critical’ or ‘Response Only’ makes victory radio calls not play
- Fixed an issue where track surface can become very dark and flicker in spectate mode online following a DNF to player
- Various Minor Fixes
- General Stability Improvements