Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja have released a new Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty update following the launch of its first major DLC. The free patch is available to download and install on all platforms including PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty update 1.12 is mainly aimed at bug fixes, some of which target content found in the Battle of Zhongyuan DLC which launch at the end of June.
This is the first of three expansions planned for Wo Long which will release over the course of 2023. They can either be purchased separately, or as part of the season pass.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Update 1.12 Patch Notes
- Made changes so that, if one of the two Hidden Tomes made available by defeating a boss had already been acquired, the likelihood of the boss dropping the second Hidden Tome will be higher.
- Made changes so that enemies’ movements during battle will pause while the notification about obtaining Hidden Tomes is displayed.
- Made upward adjustments to the duration of the Wizardry Spell Frozen Shot and the proportion of Ice damage bound to the weapon.
- Improved the camera behavior when locking on to Bingcan.
- Made changes so that a UI indicating that an affinity took place would be displayed when using the Five Phases to make talismans produced by the General of Heaven’s Illusion disappear.
- Improved the visibility of Demonized Dian Wei’s Critical Blow, in which he shoots projectiles.
- Made upward adjustments to the accessory drop rate increase granted by the special effect Drop Priority (Accessories).
- Made changes so that the special effects Cestus Damage Increase and Cestus Spirit Damage Increase may be applied to cestuses.
- Made upward adjustments to the potential rarities of drop items within treasure chests in the following battlefields from “Extra Story 1: Battle of Zhongyuan”:
- Main battlefield “A Solitary Resistance”
- Main battlefield “Sons of the Yellow Heaven”
- Main battlefield “In the Name of Elai”
- Sub battlefield “A Requiem for the Deceased”
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible for the player to progress if their Co-op team disbanded while a tutorial including videos was open on their screen.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go outside the bounds of the current stage from certain locations in some stages.
- Fixed a bug in which character and stage models would no longer be displayed after accepting a Co-op invitation from the Travel menu.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause the screen to go dark just after using the Travel function to begin a mission.
- Fixed a bug that enabled players to break Oil Pots with some Wizardry Spells from Phases other than the Fire Phase.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from locking on to Bingcan when it appeared.
- Fixed a bug that prevented damage from being dealt by the second blow of the Fatal Strike sequence when performed against Huodou.
- Fixed a bug occurring in the sub battlefield “Beyond the Heavens,” in which some Divine Beasts would not perform their attack sequence when Summon Divine Beast was activated.
- Fixed a bug that granted the special effect Dual Halberds Damage to cestuses.
- Fixed a bug in which Bingcan, despite having been set to the status of a leader, would not yield appropriate levels of drop rewards in some battlefields.
- Fixed a bug occurring during Co-op sessions in the sub battlefield “An Everlasting Regret,” that prevented players from obtaining clear reward items if they had not been the one to open the treasure chests containing said items.
- Made alterations so that players can now discard duplicates of non-discardable equipment with the same name so that they possess only one remaining piece.
- Fixed a bug in which the value displayed for the special effect Max Equipment Weight was higher than the actual value granted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the copyright to be displayed twice in the Photograph menu.
- Fixed a bug that occurred if the player was defeated in a certain way in the sub battlefield “Tactical Exercises,” which would cause the information above the boss’ head to remain even after the player returned to the battlefield.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
Having previously worked on Nioh and Nioh 2, Team Ninja are no strangers to the soulslike genre. While there’s some of that DNA present in Wo Long, it has some interesting ideas of its own, including a powerful parry system and a story inspired by China’s Three Kingdoms era.
Source: Team Ninja