Moto GP 2013 Vita Multiplayer Meets

Homepage Forum Gaming Banter Moto GP 2013 Vita Multiplayer Meets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Avenger
    Participant

Is anyone interested in some motorbike mayhem on the Vita. I already own the game and can safely say there were barely any people online. I managed to get the 1 hour online trophy, but I’m looking to get the 3 hour online trophy in my quest to get the platinum sometime. So I need 2 more hours online, and whilst there will be lots of people now trying the online out, I was wondering if any TSA’ers fancied a go now it is free on PS+.

Not necessarily looking to do any hardcore racing unless people are up for that. I’m just OK with messing around on some circuits. Most likely when/if I make a meet, I’ll just host for Moto 3 bikes as they are the easiest to handle.

Crazy_Del
    Participant

I’ll help you with all online trophies and I hope the favour will be returned. I need to more memory space so will have to wait until I’ll help other TSA for Sonic trophies so at I can delete this data ;)
    I have never played this type of game before so will need to learn how to play this lol

Avenger
    Participant

Of course the favour would be returned :) Fair enough with the memory space thing though, Moto GP clocks in at 1.5GB, which is about the same as Sonic. I would of been OK with helping out with Sonic but my Plus sub has expired and I won’t be renewing for a while (I own Moto GP, so that’s fine). Also my memory card is packed to capacity with non-plus games so, renewing would be a waste. I really need to get through this backlog.

There aren’t that many online trophies, in fact the two major ones are the 1 hour and 3 hours online trophies. Which basically means quite a bit of racing, and it is really quite tricky to get the hang of. I’ll probably give the online a go in a few days, and see if I can’t rack up some more online time.

freezebug2
    Participant

I can join the meet too, just downloaded the Plus freebie. Reading the trophy list it looks like the best way to go would be doing short championships and a grand prix so everyone can get all four online trophies in a few sessions.
    Hopefully it’ll be more reliable than the Sonic transformed online shambles which is a lucky dip getting into a lobby.

R1MJAW
    Participant

Should probably be up for a bit of this too. Haven’t played a Moto GP game for a few years though.

Avenger
    Participant

That’s great stuff. Have you any times/days you prefer R1M/Freezebug? If so post some down, and I’ll make a meet. I can do any time, on any day for the time being. Hopefully PSN will be all OK whenever we do meet online, and MotoGP doesn’t have any online bugs/issues that I know of. I’m OK with grand prix’s and small races, anything to rack up the last two hours and have some fun. As I said above, I’ll probably set it to Moto 3 which is the easiest to handle. Incidentally if you didn’t know this already, there is some Moto2/Moto3 free DLC on the PS store. It adds a few handy extras.

R1MJAW
    Participant

Tuesday and Thursday nights are the only times when I am potentially busy (though not always).
    Already downloaded the dlc. Had a quick blast last night whilst listening to the audio commentary of Aliens, seems pretty good.

freezebug2
    Participant

Next week most evenings suit me although not GT6 Mondays….likely candidates are Wednesday or Friday. Might get a little more interest by next week also. ;)

Avenger
    Participant

Seems Wednesday might be a good day then. I’ll pop a meet up for next Wednesday at 8pm then, and it’ll get included in the community round up, so others can take a look.

Crazy_Del
    Participant

Wed at 8pm is perfect :)

R1MJAW
    Participant

Signed up (though my PSN ID isn’t showing for some unknown reason). Should be a laugh. I’ve sent you a friend request Avenger.

Avenger
    Participant

Yeah it should be good. Incidentally the limit is 6 players not 8, so with four of us it should be fun.

I just tried out the online again and there are more people there, but the frustrating thing is that lots of people create matches and then leave them. Once they leave, the host logic doesn’t migrate, so that’s it, game lost and my stats are not updated. I was just 4 laps into a 5 lap race, first place, and then the host decided to quit. Even if I host, if people leave then they get replaced with AI and I don’t win as many points. Really naff system.

parryman
    Participant

I came on to post this request!
    My psn is Bluet0nes and I’m on in the evenings about 8pm, feel free to add me.

freezebug2
    Participant

That was quite enjoyable and a good little learning curve, went from 25 seconds behind leader to around 7 so learning the game. Top job by R1M with the many wins.
    How do you all set up the Vita for lobby communication? I know that you can’t slide screens whilst in lobby and there was no party invite….lost!

Avenger
    Participant

Yeah I’ve found communication ironically troublesome on Vita despite the fact it has more RAM than a PS3. The problem is there’s no overlay and there needs to be, and as it is none of us can text chat to each other during any multiplayer section on a game.

We can voice chat, either in-game or using the party app. With the party app, you can just start the app and join a ‘room’. With the in-game voice chat, it is automatic. You just have to make sure the ‘disable microphone’ option is not ticked in the Vita firmware settings. From then on everyone will hear you in the lobby. In the races, you just tap and hold the rear touchpad and you can speak during a race. Not sure what you all feel best with, but let me know.

In terms of the settings, it’s quite tricky. They can’t be changed, so every time we want a different set up, we need a new lobby. I knew you all needed the championship and grand prix trophies, hence that’s what I did this time around. If you have specific requests, then just give the word and we’ll do them. I took the AI out of the equation as they interfere with stats, and enabled collision so overtaking wasn’t so easy.

It’s also worth mentioning that I make lobbies private, but they should still show up on the ‘search matches’ menu. So if an invite does not work, or you drop out, go to that menu and select our match. The password is TSA and that’s case sensitive.

I was blown away when R1M popped on the menu and it said level 50. I’ve had the game for 6 months and haven’t got that far yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.