Moto GP 2013 Vita Multiplayer Meets

Homepage Forum Gaming Banter Moto GP 2013 Vita Multiplayer Meets

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    R1MJAW
    Participant

lol, I was surprised that I was the highest level out of us. It didn’t take particularly long to get there though, I’m only about halfway through my 2nd season in career … you rack up fans pretty quickly (about 13k per Moto 3 race, about 25k per Moto 2 race and about 50k per Moto GP race … assuming you win and fulfill your team objective).

R1MJAW
    Participant

Oops, small mistake, it’s not fans that level you up it’s xp. Still, you get 3k+ XP per qualifying session if you get pole position and the same for a race win (so 6k for moto 2 & 3 and 9k for gp … more depending on difficulty and if you have damage on). I’m currently on 230k which is level 59 (and about 550k fans)

Crazy_Del
    Participant

I had no clue as to why I wasn’t moving in the first race. I used R1 and nothing happened just all bikers whizzed past me while I was sitting while tweeting probably xD until I tried all controls out and it was the right stick to accelerate – D’oh
    And on the final race I was eating my late dinner :P
    I did enjoy it despite being dead last a numerous of times but I will start career very soon and learn to a fast turn rather driver like a scooter.

R1MJAW
    Participant

That’s very odd Del, I’ve not changed the controls at all and I use the right shoulder button for accelerate and left shoulder for (front) brake.

Crazy_Del
    Participant

Huh? that is odd. Mine was the right stick up to accelerate and down to brake. It was uncomfortable playing like that.

freezebug2
    Participant

I think the default on mine was shoulders but I altered them to X and O, it’s a struggle with long digits trying to hold the console and use the triggers constantly…I’m getting one of those controller grip thingy’s that clamp the Vita in place and hold like a large dualshock!

R1MJAW
    Participant

@freeze – They are very handy. I got one from Argos for a tenner, much more comfortable (I got terrible arm cramp without it) … and stops inadvertent pressing of the back touchpad.

freezebug2
    Participant

@R1M I’d read some reviews and hands on accounts which was enough to warrant a purchase but there’s nothing more reassuring than a thumbs up from a top gamer, cheers dude.
    I’m assuming that the inadvertant rear touchpad pressing was Angry Birds secondary fire :P

R1MJAW
    Participant

Not just angry birds, but pretty much anything with rear touchpad controls. I have pretty big hands and long fingers so they just naturally rested on it, but the grip helps a lot as it makes the entire thing bigger (not massively so, enough to stop inadvertent touches but not so big that you can’t still reach it).

freezebug2
    Participant

Indeed, what a difference, as you say no inadvertant rear touch pad accidents and the Vita could probably be held throughout a full charge with no signs of hand cramp. Really comfortable with a natural feel! ;)

Here’s mine that arrived earlier.

R1MJAW
    Participant

Yeah, that’s the same as mine … except mine doesn’t have a snazzy red stripe, it’s just black (except for a wee logo on the clip section).

Avenger
    Participant

Very sorry about not turning up at 8pm. I was preoccupied by other business and completely forgot about the meet. Completely my fault, and I’ve only just realised looking at my message box.

It seems the last trophy to get for all of us is the 3 hour online trophy, so if we’re all OK for the same time next week, I’ll definitely turn up. I do have around 2 hours online progress, which should be similar to what you guys have, so we should all be on equal footing. I’ll set up another meet in the meets section, just in case anyone else fancies joining (I don’t mind going over the three hours to help anyone else out with the online).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Avenger.
    freezebug2
    Participant

No worries Avenger, it went ok. I just set up an open lobby and invited R1M and Del as well as allowing a few randoms to join….who actually raced and didn’t quit.

Crazy_Del
    Participant

Yeah it was good fun and I got the 60mins trophy last night. I am getting the hang of this now. Looking forward to next week :)

R1MJAW
    Participant

Del, freeze and myself are just over the 1 hour mark as we all got the trophy near the end of our session last night. As most 3 lap races are between 5 and 6 minutes long we’ll probably need at least another 20 races … unless we decide to do longer races of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.