15/12/13 at 23:59 #207519AvengerParticipant
I’d love hear what your top ten games have been this year for the PlayStation format. There’s been some utterly brilliant stuff released on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita. My top ten is quite honestly ludicrous and shouldn’t be read at all with the backlog I have (and no PS4), but it’d go something like this:
1. Tearaway (for originality, art design, outstanding production)
2. Bioshock Infinite
3. Beyond Two Souls (for creative concept)
4. Tomb Raider
5. The Last of Us
6. Killzone: Mercenary (outstanding handheld production)
7. Rayman Legends
9. Soul Sacrifice
10. Velocity Ultra
So what would your top ten be? I expect it to be more credible than mine… a lot more *scratches head in confusion*16/12/13 at 07:45 #207537YoulesParticipant
1) The Last of Us (everything, even the multiplayer, was brilliant)
2) Guacamelee (best platformer ever, shows how the simplicity of a platformer can still be current)
3) GTA 5
4) Killzone Mercenary
5) Tearaway (just a very enjoyable game, probably would have been higher but it isn’t exactly a technical masterpiece such as Killzone)
6) Tomb Raider (great that the TR franchise has rescued itself)
7) BioShock Infinite (just for the story alone – gameplay was a bit rubbish and clunky)
Similar titles to you mate, can’t think of another 3…..Beyond: Two Souls could well be in there but I’ve shamefully not started it yet (might be one for the Christmas period as there’s probably more story than gameplay, so can enjoy it with a few festive drinks)!16/12/13 at 10:17 #207541freezebug2Participant
Can’t think of ten but a few mentionable games would be..
Ratchet & Clank Nexus
Sly Cooper TiT
F1 2013 (bugged online but their best effort so far)
16/12/13 at 19:35 #207685Lyts1985Participant
- This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by freezebug2.
I’m like the others – I can’t really populate a top 10 as most of my year has been spent working through my PS+ backlog. Not to mention a mrs addicted to soaps and an 18 month old addicted to Disney Junior :-( but…
The Last Of Us
Ni No Kuni (simply stunning. I just wish I had the time to dedicate to grinding for the plat)
Resogun (addictive and gorgeous to watch. Wasn’t expecting much from it but I was instantly hooked)
Killzone Shadow Fall (story isn’t perfect and can get repetitive but isn’t that the case for the FPS genre in general? Very pretty too)
COD Ghosts (by virtue of the fact I’ve completed it on veteran on PS3, just started veteran on PS4, not to mention trying to crack Extinction for the plat – so it must’ve done something right for me!)16/12/13 at 19:58 #207691Dan JonesParticipant
Hmm this is tough, don’t think I have 10. Not quite sure which game deserves top spot either so the order of my games doesn’t mean anything.
1) BioShock Infinite (story was fantastic, not many games have me so blown away at the end)
2) The Last Of Us (similar to BioShock, wonderful story thanks to that changing relationship between Joel and Ellie. Looked wonderful too)
3) GTA V (bloody brilliant, annoyed that my brother has my copy at the moment)
4) Beyond: Two Souls (shaky start but the acting was superb, and I loved the supernatural story, on par with Heavy Rain, if not better)
5) Puppeteer (charming game, lovely art style)
6) Assassins Creed IV (not played this personally but have watched my house mate play it for hours, and from even watching it it looks fantastic)
7) Battlefield 4 (probably the best online shooter I’ve played)
8) Tomb Raider (I’ll be honest I didn’t like this as the story was pathetic and was full of retarded stereotypes, but the gameplay was great, hope they make another just with a bit better background story to it)16/12/13 at 20:34 #207695zander14rfcParticipant
1. COD 4
2. Uncharted 2
3. Super Street Fighter 4
4. Assassins Creed 2
5. GTA 5
6. Burnout Paradise
7. Batman: Arkham Asylum
8. Dragonball Z Raging Blast
9. Super Star Dust HD
10. Borderlands 218/12/13 at 01:04 #207830keaneplayParticipant
1) Persona 4 Golden (if this counts, given that it is a remake of a PS2 game – with additional content and many improvements too though) – best game on the Vita by a long shot, interesting battle mechanics, wonderful social link stories and just an all around fun game to play.
2) The Last of Us – Wonderful game from start to finish, great sound track too
3) Bioshock Infinite – Great story with interesting game mechanics
4) Persona 4 Arena – Brilliant fighter with unique moves due to the fact that you can fight with your character as well as utilise your Persona to build combos and inflict status effects too. Story was really good too, which is very unusual for a fighter
5) Tomb Raider – Never been a fan of the Tomb Raider series but this game was by far the best I’ve ever played. The new controls really helped, plus the multiplayer was pretty fun too.
6) GTA V – not being a fan of GTA, it had to take something special to get me into the game and the refinement in the controls, the vast scale of the multiplayer and the over the top fun in the single player won me over. A very good game indeed.
7) Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F – though it came out in Japan in 2012, it only got released here this year so I’m still counting it. I’ve always liked rhythm action games anyway but there’s something about Japanese music that makes me want to play this game over and over again. The songs are catchy – even though I don’t understand the Japanese lyrics – and the presentation is top notch.
8) F1 2013 – The game is similar to previous years versions but the classic content was welcome and the refinement to the car handling and AI has been most welcome. Only reason I haven’t played it more is that, a) I no longer have a co-op partner and b) there is no TSA F1 championship this year :(
9) Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 – Another NUNS game but this one, like NUNS2 has a great story mode but with the advantage of a much wider pool of characters to choose from. Whilst there are some glaring misses in there, and the gameplay hasn’t progressed as much as I had hoped for, there was/is a lot of fun to be had in this game.
10) Remember Me – I admit I haven’t yet finished Remember Me yet but from what I have played, there is an interesting story being told and the gameplay mechanics are unique compared to many games released in recent years. I like the game and will eventually get back around to finishing it, the only reason I stopped was because I bought The Last of Us and that drew me away!18/12/13 at 12:09 #207855ArrebatoTarugoParticipant
I have just realized that lot’s of games I played last year are from 2012. I can only think of 4 2013 games I have really liked. Here we go:
1) The Last of Us Probably my favourite game ever. Everything was amazing, particularly the story. The ending is Epic.
2) XCOM: The Enemy Within I love XCOM games. I love strategy games. Why don’t we have more strategy games on console?
3) Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon I loved Far Cry 3 but got really annoyed with the scripted sections. Blood Dragon was the good bits with sense of humour on top. I prefer this expansion over Far Cry any time.
4) Tom Raider I really enjoyed this game.
I haven’t played some of the top ones: GTA V, Diablo 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Borderland 2, Guacamelee, Tearaway and Beyond 2 souls, but I am looking forward to catch up over the next months.18/12/13 at 14:56 #207912gazzagbModerator
COD Ghosts was the only PS3 game I bought this year, so that would have to be my number 1.
I picked up a few more PC games though, most were released before 2013, but from this year I’ve been enjoying ARMA 3. The best game I picked up on sale was definitely Tropico 4, it’s great. Farming Sim 2013 and Euro Truck 2 have also taken up quite a bit of my time.
I still need to get around to buying The Last of Us, GTA V (which I already played quite a bit on my housemate’s 360), Tomb Raider and AC Black Flag.13/03/14 at 19:29 #214607cleogmsParticipant
rust is super too and are already thousands of servers hope to be on play station too14/03/14 at 19:58 #214734Crazy_DelParticipant
1. The Last of Us
2. Grand Theft Auto 5
3. Tomb Raider
4. Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Killzone Mercenary
6. Crysis 3
7. Rayman Legends
8. Remember Me
9. Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed (Vita)
10. Diablo III14/03/14 at 23:01 #214744Tony CawleyParticipant
Can’t believe nobody has mentioned warframe. What an addictive bastard that is! Easily my most played ps4 game.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.