Fat Shark are looking to give budding heroes of the Warhammer universe more reasons to keep coming back to Warhammer: Vermintide 2, their second crack at a co-op hack and slash in the vein of Left 4 Dead. To that end, there’s a free content update coming with daily challenges, quests and hats. Lots and lots of hats.
Okri’s Challenges are the big reason to keep coming back each day, with daily quests that will earn you extra loot once completed, and challenges with character specific rewards to let you show off your hard work.
Fat Shark note that they never envisaged cosmetic gear to be the end game for players, but that people are playing for that reason. As a result, there’s a lot more cosmetics coming to the game and they will be included in the Commendation Chests, dropping for the specific hero you have selected and tuned so that you won’t receive duplicates. Nobody likes getting dupes. They’re also tuning the crafting system, so that you can convert orange dust to blue dust, and blue dust to green dust.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is currently available on PC, but coming to PS4 and Xbox One later this year, so we’d expect these progression changes to be included in the console version as well.
This content update also marks the launch of official mod support via Steam Workshop, opening the gates to model replacements, community created levels and more. Check out their guide on this here.
Further to that, there’s a bunch of fixes and tweaks, as found in these patch notes:
Fixes & Tweaks
- Extracting Illusions no longer cost scrap. Applying Illusions now cost 10 Scrap. As the previous cost of extracting Illusions cost 20 Scrap, each player will be refunded 10 Scrap per Illusion in their inventory, when they log in.
- Added a new crafting recipe – Convert Dust. You will be able to convert Dust to a lower tier. Ten Blue Dust to ten Green Dust Or ten Orange Dust to ten Blue Dust.
- The confirmation delay when Crafting and Salvaging has been drastically reduced.
- Several Veteran items lack a distinctive textures with glowing runes. We are working on making sure all Veteran items have cool looking skins. In this version, the Veteran Swiftbows “Edrael’s Will”, and “Spite-Tongue” now have their proper runed textures.
- Fixed an issue for the Ranger Veteran Bardin’s talent “Last Stand” which caused the buff to be applied whenever a clip was emptied instead of when completely out of ammo.
- Fixed an issue for the Battle Wizard Sienna’s talent “World Aflame” where the power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client.
- Fixed an issue for the Witch Hunter Captain Satlzpyre’s talent “Necessary Means” where the power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client, when out of ammo.
- Fixed an issue for the Zealot Satlzpyre’s talent “Holy Crusade” where the critical strike power boost was not applied properly when playing as a client.
- Fixed an issue for the Shade Kerillian’s talent “Bloodfletcher” where ammo would not properly be awarded on backstabs.