Bungie are pulling a familiar rabbit out of their top hat as they gear up for the release of Destiny 2’s Forsaken expansion in September. Much like with the first game, they’re capping off the year with Moments of Triumph to unlock in-game cosmetics and the ability to buy a customised commemorative tshirt.
Moments of Triumph are effectively a way to look back on your in-game achievements over the course of your time in the game, while also setting some lofty goals for people to aim for. These can be completing the campaign, running the raid on higher difficulties, finding collectables, and so on.
Some of these are live in the game as of right now, but others, in what Bungie are calling the Solstice of Heroes event, are being surfaced on 31st July.
To see your progress through the list, you can head to your profile on Bungie.Net, view it in the app, and you’ll presumably be able to keep track in-game as well.
There’s will be a total of 400 points to earn, with the following rewards available:
- Complete any Triumph – Get your tracking emblem for Moments of Triumph
- This emblem will show total Triumph Points earned
- 125 points – Get the Right Choice, a Legendary Ghost Shell
- 250 points – The Solstice of Heroes Moments of Triumph T-shirt offer becomes available
- 300 points – Get Comrades in Arms, a Legendary Sparrow
- 400 points (all) – Get the Eternally Triumphant emblem upgrade
The big question is, will this be enough to keep continuing players occupied until Forsaken, and will it bring lapsed players back into the fold?