Fortnite has had cross platform play for a while now but you had to keep separate accounts on each platform, so any cosmetic items you bought on one platform could not be used on another. Account merging is the solution and, rather later than the original November release date, the function is available.
You will need to choose a primary account, the one that you are going to keep, and a secondary account that will have the contents merged in to the primary. The secondary account will then be disabled. To get started head over to the Epic website, but you should probably read some of the conditions which I have listed below.
- One account must have played on Xbox One or Switch and the other on PS4 before September 28th 2018 to be eligible.
- Your account must not currently be banned or disabled.
- In-game items and Vbucks will be held for two weeks before they’re merged to your primary account.
- You’ll need access to all email addresses that are associated with accounts you wish to merge
- If you have duplicate 3rd party login like Facebook on both your Primary and Secondary account, the Secondary login will be unlinked. You can unlink it prior to merging.
- Battle Royale will allow you to merge all cosmetic items. Save the World will allow you to merge Llamas, Defenders, Heroes, Schematics, Survivors, XP, Evolution and Perk Materials.
- Other Items such as Unreal Marketplace items, Creative Islands, and Save The World account level and progress will not be merged over from your secondary account