The 31st character in Blizzard’s hugely popular hero shooter Overwatch has been revealed as the gravity manipulating Sigma, and unleashed into the Public Test Realm (PTR) for eager PC players to try out before his public release.
Announced earlier this week with a story animatic, Sigma hails from the Netherlands (the country with +31 for its phone code, geddit?). A brilliant scientist, his experimentation with black holes went awry, leaving him able to hear the underlying sound of the universe and driving him insane. Oh, it also gave him the ability to manipulate gravity, which ne’er-do-well terrorist organisation Talon spotted. Breaking him out of confinement, they’ve manipulated him into fighting on their side.
Sigma is a tank character for the baddies, with a deployable shield barrier alongside a few gravitational atacks. His abilities are as follows:
- Hyper Spheres — Sigma launches two gravitic charges, which implode after a short duration, dealing significant damage in an area.
- Experimental Barrier — Sigma propels a floating barrier to a location of his choosing. He can recall the barrier at any time.
- Kinetic Grasp — Sigma stops incoming projectiles in midair, converting them into shields.
- Accretion — Sigma gathers a mass of debris and flings it at an enemy to knock them down.
- Gravitic Flux (Ultimate) — Sigma manipulates gravity to lift nearby enemies into the air and slam them back down.