I had a quiet few days last weekend and decided to spend my time wisely by grinding Destiny 2 for eight hours solid to get a weapon I didn’t want or will probably never use. The Wendigo GL3 required over a thousand grenade launcher kills in Strikes, plus multikills and other objectives but I did it. You can imagine my joy at reading the latest Destiny 2 patch notes which nerfs the grind on the quest by a massive amount. Thanks Bungie.
The latest update also seriously reduces the grind for another Pinnacle weapon, Mountaintop, and makes the Reckoning easier. We also get the an inventory improvement which increases the maximum number of materials you can stack in your inventory from 999 to 9,999.
The patch is already out, here are the notes.
- Updated the stack size limit from 999 to 9,999 for Planetary Materials, Gunsmith Materials, Vanguard Tokens, Crucible Tokens, and Iron Banner Tokens.
- Braytech Schematics are no longer limited to 1 per day, per account
- Braytech Schematics have a 25% drop chance when opening any Rasputin Data Cache
- The four Braytech weapons offered by Ana Bray, and also tied to the Wayfarer seal, now have a greater chance of granting a weapon you do not currently have.
- Wendigo GL3
- Grenade Launcher kills are worth 100% more for each objective
- Death Penalty no longer exist for the final objective
- Grenade Launcher multikills grant 50% more progress
- Completing Playlist strikes grants a significant amount of progress towards the final objective
- Required number of multi-kills has been reduced from 200 to 75
- Required number of medals has been reduced from 100 to 25
- Points earned in Competitive has been further increased relative to other pvp modes
- roughly 1x for Quickplay, 2x for IB, 3x for comp
- Enemies in Reckoning adjusted to have less health and do less damage to players
- Increased weapon drop rates in Reckoning and Gambit Prime
- Further increased bad luck protection to each activity, so players should receive a weapon reward after playing multiple matches without one dropping
- Tier 3 Reckoning will have even higher drop rates, as it is more challenging
- Fixed an issue that would cause wrapped items to no longer be refundable when transferred between characters
- Character Boosts
- The Forsaken character boost is no longer available for purchase
- Players will continue to receive one free character boost when accessing Forsaken for the first time