Bungie have issued hotfix update 184.108.40.206 to Destiny 2: Shadowkeep to boost the Power levels of Pinnacle Rewards in the game, alongside a few other tweaks and fixes.
The thing that was remarkable about this hotfix is that Bungie preceded it by planting an in-game pop up message with Tuesday’s weekly reset, telling players to stay away from certain in-game activities that would hand out these Pinnacle Rewards, and from handing in the bounties for the Iron Banner multiplayer event launching on Tuesday.
The pop up noted, “We have an update planned for November 7 that will increase Pinnacle reward drops from a +1 to a +2. Do not turn in Iron Banner bounties or complete other Pinnacle activities that refresh weekly until after the update.”
With many players at the game’s hard cap of 950 power for their gear, endgame progression has slowed to a crawl. You can inch past that level with pinnacle rewards, but up until this point they could only drop at +1 light to your maximum Power level. That has now been bumped up to +2, meaning that players can don’t have to be quite so lucky in order to progress.
Hotfix 220.127.116.11 also addresses issues with Forge Keys not counting in the Izanagi’s Burden quest, added Season Pass weapons to the Vex Offensive once you’ve first obtained them, and fixed the Ashes to Assets perk.
Here’s the patch notes:
- Fixed an issue causing Forge Keys to not count towards Mysterious Box (Izanagi’s Burden) Quest Progression
- Players affected by this should find the corresponding objective marked correctly after logging in.
- Fixed an issue where the Obsidian Crystal would not give Quest Progression
- Players affected by this will need to reacquire a Black Armory Rare bounty, and then complete and claim it to get another Obsidian Crystal.
- Adjusted the Power granted by pinnacle rewards to +2 instead of +1
- The Season Pass weapons Pluperfect and Temporal Clause now have a chance to drop from Vex Offensive after you have obtained them.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally caused the Weekly Eris Challenge to not drop a Powerful reward
- Fixed an issue causing the “Ashes to Assets” perk to provide Super energy at an unintended level