Bungie have revealed more about Destiny 2’s Season of Dawn which will focus around Osiris and Saint-14, a mythical Titan who’s body you discovered all the way back in the first year of the game. This season’s story involves time travel so it appears that you may be able to change history and save Saint-14.
The new six player activity is The Sundial, a large area infested with the Red Legion that has portals than can take you to a different time. What you see when travelling when through the portal will depend on community challenges, but expect lots of enemies. The game mode will have various difficulty levels and new bosses will be added to it throughout the season but matchmaking will not be available for these.
On to the weapons, Season Pass holders will get The Killbreaker by completing the pass and also unlock Symmetry, an Exotic Scout Rifle from the start. New Ritual Weapons include Devils’ Bastion and Paradox Perfect. You will also get a new finisher and will be able to equip multiple finishers which will be randomly selected when you use them.
The new artefact, The Lantern of Osiris, will work in much the same way as The Gate Lord’s Eye in that it will boost you power and unlock mods including the new Guardian Angel mods which will cause Season of the Dawn weapons to drop healing orbs if you get a precision kill.
Here is the roadmap for Season Pass holders:
- Nessus and EDZ obelisks – December 17
- The Sundial: Ozletc, The Sky Piercer – December 17
- Save a Legend – December 17
- The Dawning – December 17
- Iron Banner – December 24
- The Sundial: Tazarock, The Sun Eater – December 24
- Legend Sundial – January 7
- Exotic quest: Devil’s Ruin – January 7
- Exotic quest: Bastion – January 28
- Empyrean Foundation – February 4
- The Sundial: Inotam, Oblivion’s Triune – February 4
- Crimson Days – February 11
Those playing on the free version of the game will still get some content.
- Free Seasonal Rank Rewards
- Seasonal Artifact: The Lantern of Osiris
- Help Osiris fix the timeline by restoring Obelisks on four destinations
- Unlock the Seasonal Armor Set: Righteous
- Progress through Season ranks to earn the Exotic Scout Rifle, Symmetry
You can watch the full reveal below, Season of Dawn kicks off on December 10th.