Remedy Entertainment has released a major new update for its sci-fi thriller Control which brings the free Expeditions mode. This mode has been designed for players who have completed the main game and will only be accessible once the mission My Brother’s Keeper has been finished. Once that is done Jesse will be able to access a jukebox in the Central Executive area. Using jukebox tokens, which are earned by completing challenges and bureau alerts, Jesse will be transported to another dimension which is linked to the Black Rock Quarry.
Expeditions will have three tiers of difficulty and each one has been designed to be more difficult than encounters found in the main campaign. To make things more difficult every challenge will have a random modifier that could help players by giving increased damage or hinder players by making enemies more powerful. Once an expedition begins players have a time limit of 25 minutes to complete four arenas. If that time limit is breached players lose their token and will have to earn another before being allowed back to try the expedition challenge again.
Along with Expeditions update 1.06 has fixed some issues. You can see the full patch notes below.
Control 1.06 December Expeditions update
• Expeditions game mode added
• General optimizations and bug fixes
• Improved performance when the map is kept open
• HUD elements will no longer flicker when progress bars are updating
• Fixed random camera glitch when doing Ground Slam
• Fixed an issue when rapidly switching between weapon forms would cause a crash
• Various fixes and optimizations to Photo Mode UI
• Inventory now has a Sorting Mode. Players can sort items by: New, Rarity, Type
• Fixed line breaks and subtitles mismatch for multiple languages
• Various localization fixes
• Fixed an issue when players were unable to pick up all samples in the Old Growth side mission
• Fixed an issue when players were rewarded twice upon completing the Old Friends side mission
• Fixed an issue when the interaction prompt disappears on Ahti’s plants when players quit to the main menu while Jesse is talking to the plants
• Fixed issues that could prevent players from progressing through some of the Bureau Alert missions
• Fixed an issue when the Bureau Alert “Personnel Protection” in Ordinary AWE failed
• Fixed an issue when Troopers are idle until taking damage during Bureau Alerts
• Fixed an issue where Launching objects could push the player “out of world”
• Fixed an issue where the Tactical Response Gear outfit wasn’t available for players who have it unlocked on the Epic Games Store.
• Fixed an issue where the Threshold Kids episode “When You’re Caught in a House Shift” couldn’t be collected