The Coalition has released a What’s Up post this week that gives some more details about title update 4 that will be released for Gears 5. Among the update will be the final character for Operations 2, Kantus, with those who own the Operations 2: Free For All bundle getting the character for free. If you don’t have the bundle Kantus will cost 500 iron or you can complete his totem challenges to unlock the character. In terms of skill and challenges this is what you’re dealing with:
- Passive: Hot Footed – Taking damage makes you move faster for a brief time
- Loadout: Lancer, Talon, Smoke
- Weapon Tree: Shock Grenade (2), Gnasher (4), Dropshot (6)
- Skull Bounty: Multi-kill Eliminations
KANTUS TOTEM CHALLENGES
- Earn 60,000 XP playing Versus, Horde or Escape with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Get 300 Eliminations with Locust Weapons with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Revive 75 Teammates with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Get 100 Assists in Versus with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Complete 6 Acts of Escape on Advanced difficulty or above with the Kantus Totem equipped
In addition, The Coalition will be addressing the matchmaking time issues including estimated wait time, with this calculation being based on a new code compared to the Gears 4 one which wasn’t always that accurate. This wait time will take your region into account. This feature will be rolled out slowly. Free For All saw an increased wait time and lower player count after being removed from the featured playlist, so The Coalition will be adding the mode back to the featured playlist tab for a limited time to improve the situation. There are also plans to bring free for all to ranked play, though this will take time as there need to be changes for the ranking system to be applied properly.
On the store some character skins will be brought back and they will be available at a reduced price.
- Islander Lahni Character Skin – 750 Iron (Sale: Was 1000 Iron)
- Quartermaster Keegan Character Skin – 750 Iron (Sale: Was 1000 Iron)
- Delivery Driver Mac Character Skin – 750 Iron (Sale: Was 1000 Iron)
- Winter Armor Marcus Character Skin – 750 Iron (Sale: Was 1000 Iron)
- Cardboard Shepherd Character Skin* – 500 Iron (Sale: Was 800 Iron)
- Skeleton Suit Kait Character Skin – 500 Iron (Sale: Was 800 Iron)
- Inside Out COG Gear Character Skin* – 500 Iron (Sale: Was 800 Iron)
- Lieutenant Chutani – 500 Iron
Obviously you need to character to be able to use the skins. The full Title Update 4 notes are going to be posted next week along with details on changes to Icebound.
Source: The Coalition