Gearbox Interactive are releasing a hotfix patch for Borderlands 3 today to address some points of annoyance raised by the community and progression blockers that were holding up players in the game. The update will be live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC from 11PM GMT tonight (6PM EST, 3PM PST).
Specifically, if you’re struggling after releasing Tannis in the mission Sanctuary, can’t speak to Brick in the mission Hammerlocked, or when needing Ember to turn up to assist you in various missions, then this should fix that for you. It’s interesting to note the language that they’re “perceived” progression blockers, which kind of implies that people are making it up, but clearly Gearbox have been able to track down the issues and fix them.
The hotfix is being applied in-game as opposed to being a patch delivered through the console or Epic Games Store updaters. In order to ensure that the hotfixes are applied, you just have to load up the game and wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”. Seems simple enough, right?
Let’s have a look at the patch notes:
Borderlands 23/01/20 Hotfix
- Updated a texture for the Incendiary Badass and Super Badass Varkid
- Adjusted the chest rewards at the end of the Proving Grounds to be more rewarding at all tiers of completion
With more players running the Proving Grounds for dedicated loot drops from the bosses, we noticed the chests not rewarding players as much as we intended. We’ve boosted these chests to reflect the effort players must take to complete the objectives. Completing all of the objectives gives the best legendary drop rate and scales down accordingly.
- Increased bonus radiation damage while Gamma Burst is active from 65% to 115%
We’re happy to see the response to the boosted anointment bonuses we released last week. After additional testing, we want to also boost the effects of Gamma Burst anointments for FL4K.
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker that could occur when the player travels to another map and back to Sanctuary after releasing Tannis during the mission “Sanctuary”
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where players could not speak to Brick during the mission “Hammerlocked” in The Anvil
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where Ember would sometimes not appear to assist the players in various mission steps