Next week’s update to Destiny 2 will bring a number of tweaks to the game that should improve performance. Bungie’s engine is starting to creak and stutter, no surprise given the amount of content and interacting systems, but annoying for players nonetheless.
Here are “a few performance issues” that will be addressed in Destiny 2 Update 2.7.1 which will be available next Tuesday.
- Improved some performance issues in the Chamber of Suffering encounter.
- Fixed an issue where players could die when transitioning from the Necropolis encounter to the Tunnels of Despair.
- Improved a performance issue that could occur when chunks of land return, or are removed during the Sanctified Mind encounter.
- Improved performance when receiving certain investment related messages. This could be reward acquisition, placing tributes, or interacting with Obelisks.
- The largest impact will be in the Tower, but this should help everywhere.
- Players who load into Crucible matches faster than their peers will no longer be put in black screen. Rather, they will remain in spaceflight until all players have loaded into the match, as before.
Bungie are also looking at improving frame rates in other areas of the game but say “our goal is to address these at the beginning of the next season, these fixes may be delayed if further issues arise.”
- UI stuttering and framerate drops when loading or applying mods
- Framerate issues in Gambit and Gambit Prime
- Framerate issues during the Sanctified Mind encounter of the Garden of Salvation Raid
- Framerate issues in the Pit of Heresy Dungeon, specifically in tunnel encounters
- General improvements to performance on PC when a lot of debris is on the ground
They also add that there are investigating other performance issues that are not listed above.
Update 2.7.1 will also include the following tweaks, the full patch notes will be released next week.
- Fixed an issue that is preventing Eris from granting her final Lore entry
- Fixed an issue where the “Green with Envy” Quest was not progressing for some players
- Fixed an issue where the “Playin’ the Odds” emblem was not unlocking correctly for players
- This could prevent some players from fully unlocking the Dredgen title
- Improved Black Armory Rare Bounty acquisition
- Chances increase as you complete weekly and daily bounties
- Guaranteed to drop from bounty completion after 5 days if completing all Ada-1 bounties
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Handed mod could trigger from Telesto bolts
- Fixed an issue where players could retain buffs from Wormgod Caress, Winter’s Guile, and Synthoceps even after swapping armor
- Equip restrictions on Wormgod Caress and Winter’s Guile will be lifted once this patch has shipped