Bohemia Interactive has announced its plans DayZ throughout 2020 and currently, the development team is targetting five game updates, beginning with update 1.07 in February. The studio has stated there will be bigger gaps between updates through 2020 partly due to the fact that the DayZ team has shrunk as some of the team have moved over to new projects. Most of the updates then will focus on stability, bug fixes, small scale additions, and improvements. Below are some of the things the team will be working on through 2020.
- Base Building is a big part of the game for many of you and we intend to focus on fixing most common issues, proceed with the overall balance pass, and perhaps even add some new toys to play with.
- The impact of the environment on characters is not yet in the state we want it to be, and so we intend to proceed with numerous improvements and balancing changes to make the so called “environment exposure” a much more interesting part of the game.
- We intend to make several quality-of-life improvements for cooking by, for example, implementing direct cooking slots (grill), adjusting lifetimes of different fireplace stages, and even offering more types of indoor ovens.
- We also intend to look into the systems surrounding diseases and their symptoms to make sure they are better balanced, utilised, and perhaps even expand them a bit.
- We will unlock the server mission folder for full modifications on console community servers. This should give console server owners total control over the Central Economy and the ability to add custom locations to the existing maps.
- We will release our animation rig in fbx format and p3d samples of male and female character body parts.
- As teased in our 2019 blog post about the game update, we intend to finalise the full implementation of the server browser with full mod support in the official DayZ Launcher. If all goes through, this launcher update will significantly improve the accessibility to modded servers.
- We intend to continue adding more of the original and/or new firearms into the game.
- We know how important broken body parts (legs in particular) are to the overall DayZ experience, and we intend to bring this mechanic back to the game.
- We know how much you like the new vehicle wrecks on Livonia, so we will add them to Chernarus.
Source: Bohemia Interactive