A new expansion is coming out for Cities Skylines and this one looks out to the water. Sunset Harbor is an expansion that focuses on the fishing, transport, and general maritime life that you would find around a harbour. Players will be able to build a fishing industry to complement their cities. and the expansion will also add five new maps including tropical and temperate climates. Sunset Harbor is also going to release simultaneously for PS4, PC, and Xbox One on March 26th.
The Sunset Harbor features include:
- Underwater Friends – Explore the new fishing industry with control over fishing boats at sea and fish farms, adding a new commercial element to your city. Ensure that four new policies are followed so that businesses can deliver the freshest fish to grocery stores.
- Water Water Everywhere – No open water sources? Not a problem with Water Treatment Plants that process waste water for additional uses.
- Find Your Route – Explore new bus systems for transporting your citizens, including the Intercity Bus Service for transit between cities on the highway. The Trolleybus Service provides an eco-friendly travel method with electric power sources from overhead wires.
- Fly In Style – Circumvent traffic altogether by taking to the skies in the Passenger Helicopter service, connecting people and places in a whole new way. The Aviation Club building also encourages small plane owners to take part in recreational flying, adding to the attractiveness and entertainment of a city.
- Five New Maps – Find a spot for the perfect city to build! Sunset Harbor includes a variety of different maps featuring boreal, tropical and temperate locales.
- All Together Now – Transport hubs connect different public transport networks, easing the transition between different modes of transportation for your citizens.
- Stash Your Trash – Upgrade waste management capabilities with Transfer Facilities that allow for easier handling of trash without compromising the city layout and high land value.
In our original review for Cities: Skylines Stefan wrote:
Cities: Skylines might be Colossal Order’s first attempt at a city builder, but it already feels well rounded and complete. There are a few areas that need improving and others that are crying out to be expanded upon, but those will come in due course, and what’s already there lets you build vast cities to your heart’s content.
You can read the full review here.
Source: Press Release