While the Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled Grand Prix series may be over but Beenox is not stopping the content from continuing to roll out for the game. Available now are some new challenges and customisation options that can be claimed for no charge. All that is required is an update to the game itself. Leading the pack is the Bonus Beenox pack which unlocks characters, skins, and a new kart. The full list of items from the pack are as follows:
- Geary, the robotic clean freak (if you haven’t already unlocked)
- Crunch, part cyborg, part Bandicoot (if not already unlocked)
- Beenox-themed skins for Crash, Cortex and Crunch. And, due to popular demand, the first ever Legendary skin for Geary!
- A Beenox-themed kart
- A Beenox-themed paintjob
- A Beenox-themed sticker
- A set of Beenox-themed wheels
The challenges include Wumpa challenges that change daily, weekly, and monthly. Successful completion of these challenges will award players with Wumpa Coins. Within these Wumpa challenges are the Ghost Hunt and Golden Wumpa chases where successful completion will generate a lot of coins.
Time trials have been updated too with new Beenox times set by the team to beat. Beating those times will unlock some Legendary wheels. Oxide and Velo time trials have been added to give the opportunity to unlock the Champion kart and a signature decal for the kart. In addition an iron checkpoint crate challenge is now available. If you break all of these crates across the tracks a new character will be unlocked.
The Pit Stop is being updated so previous Grand Prix content will be made available to purchase. There are some new additions as well:
- Three new characters including the Lab Assistant, Baby Cortex and Baby N. Tropy!
- Two new karts, both of which are customizable; the Neon Hawk airplane kart and the Nitro GT kart.
- An assortment of new Legendary Skins.
- An assortment of new color variations for existing Legendary Skins.
- An assortment of customization items for karts.
Finally, the leaderboards are being reset due to errors with the data present on the old ones. Now’s your chance to grab the top spot.