Thing Trunk’s part deck building and part hack and slash title Book of Demons will be making its console debut next week, 505 Games has announced. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One, and Switch from April 30th with Switch players getting a 10% pre-order discount thrown in. In Book of Demons, players are armed with cards instead of weapons when going through the adventure and it is these cards that hold abilities to fight enemies that get in the way. Players can choose to play as one of three classes and those are Warrior, Mage, and Rogue.
The key features of Book of Demons include:
- 40 cards with magical and legendary variants per character class
- Three underground realms and epic Quest Boss battles
- 7 families of monsters with 70+ variations including custom traits and mechanics
- Roguelike mode for fans seeking an extreme challenge
- Four unlockable endgame difficulties in Freeplay mode after completing the campaign
- Complete offering of cards ever released
- Special grand finale surprise after defeating the insidious Archdemon
Book of Demons has also been developed using the Flexiscope engine which allows players to divide their game sessions into any lengths of time. The game will learn from this and estimate completion times of other sessions.
Source: Press Release